• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like we are talking about different things here - or at least I hope.

I think Greg is talking about Camoshita scaling back on the promotional materials - not scaling back the brand itself and its offerings.

kaizerpi

Reaction score
:( yeah I’m still hoping a day comes when I can get a casual summer suit from camoshita. Tonal seersucker, tobacco linen, or that crepe fabric from a coupe of seasons ago.

edit. Also those terry cloth polo (tough choice if doppiaa is also making them)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like we are talking about different things here - or at least I hope.

I think Greg is talking about Camoshita scaling back on the promotional materials - not scaling back the brand itself and its offerings.
He definitely scaled back on the collections too, not just marketing. FW21 had one bal coat for example, no stadium coat, no robe coat. Couple years ago, his outerwear offering would have 6 or 7 options. Same with most categories. UA just doesn't want to support this brand as much as we'd want, they have few retailers and none of scale. The budget allocated to designing and sampling collections is clearly smaller.

gmed

Reaction score
He definitely scaled back on the collections too, not just marketing. FW21 had one bal coat for example, no stadium coat, no robe coat. Couple years ago, his outerwear offering would have 6 or 7 options. Same with most categories. UA just doesn't want to support this brand as much as we'd want, they have few retailers and none of scale. The budget allocated to designing and sampling collections is clearly smaller.
That’s really unfortunate. I’ve loved everything I’ve gotten from him and it fits that perfect niche of laid back but not too casual

Last edited:

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is the sale over or is it just a bug? still says final sale on some items but the discount is gone, code still works though

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This breaks my heart. Camoshita is probably my favorite brand you carry.

beepbop

Reaction score

Man that's crushing news. Camoshita is one of my favorite brands, and I love seeing what outerwear they've got in the pipeline each year.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is truly awful news. Camoshita is consistently one of my favorite brands at the store. Just fantastic stuff.

Is your buy from Camoshita this year truncated?

Well, I am glad, at least, that I have a ton of Camoshita in my closet.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*Goes searching for all of the bal coats and easy pants in size 48 that he can find*

So sad to hear that it’s not doing well. Camoshita is actually the brand that brought me to NMWA for the first time.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
is the sale over or is it just a bug? still says final sale on some items but the discount is gone, code still works though

Must have been a bug - I think I've fixed it and it looks great on my computer, but if not it might be a caching issue so please try an incognito window.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is truly awful news. Camoshita is consistently one of my favorite brands at the store. Just fantastic stuff.

Is your buy from Camoshita this year truncated?

Well, I am glad, at least, that I have a ton of Camoshita in my closet.
We still buy everything we like but the collection is smaller. I don't think they're winding it down (yet) but I think they reined in the budget and resource allocation to it. The color palettes are still great and the fabrication still top notch. It's just a scaled down project.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E3B0BCA4-02F9-43FF-8C75-CE0BDD7E3C1C.jpeg

Valstar / Inis Meain / Heschung

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads