• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. I think it’s going to be the KS Traveler in navy, size 40 (TTS) for me. Use case is to make this my “one coat”—wear it casually but also over a suit. I’m tall/slim (6’2”, 170 lbs), but I’m going to embrace the volume and not risk it with the sleeves if I size down. Anybody going to talk me out of this?
Definitely go TTS with the Traveler. I'm 5'10" and the sleeve length of my size 40 is perfect--it ends right past where my wrist meets my hand. The Traveler would make a wonderful OneCoat. The only reason to have second thoughts is if your location rarely goes below 40 degrees. The coat is a beast (although Greg said this season's wool is slightly lighter than last season's) and you may get more use out of a lighter coat.

professor

Reaction score
Definitely go TTS with the Traveler. I'm 5'10" and the sleeve length of my size 40 is perfect--it ends right past where my wrist meets my hand. The Traveler would make a wonderful OneCoat. The only reason to have second thoughts is if your location rarely goes below 40 degrees. The coat is a beast (although Greg said this season's wool is slightly lighter than last season's) and you may get more use out of a lighter coat.
Perfect. Thanks. I’m in DC, so we get our chillier days...

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy neighbor. :cheers: The Traveler is great for the colder DC days. The only reason I haven't worn mine yet is because my only time outdoors is between my apartment and the grocery store/restaurant for takeout.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to our survey. Still digesting a lot of the answers to open-ended questions but I thought I'd share with you guys the results of the rating and ranking questions:

1614448318746.png

1614448420368.png

1614448451155.png

1614448494695.png

1614448533911.png

1614448568001.png

1614448603019.png

1614448634750.png

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been here yet?

professor

Reaction score
Been here yet?

Yep, lurking a bit, waiting for that right moment to hop in to the discussion.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay. I procrastinate. Well mostly it’s work killing me right now. Need to get my traveler order in. Really stuck between Navy and Beige. I think I’m actually leaning Navy. I just wish the beige was a bit darker. Someone talk me into either. I can’t make decisions...

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5'9" 160 and my regular size is a 42...I received a lot of advice here to size down but my arms require 35" sleeves... So confused. Also I live in Houston so this is totally superfluous...

professor

Reaction score
Okay. I procrastinate. Well mostly it’s work killing me right now. Need to get my traveler order in. Really stuck between Navy and Beige. I think I’m actually leaning Navy. I just wish the beige was a bit darker. Someone talk me into either. I can’t make decisions...
Well, I'm going navy. I spent a lot of time looking at the photos. And if you take a deep breath and look at the navy, it's just perfect.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beige will look better in fit pics.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say Navy will be more versatile and easier to just grab and go.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfection ! ??

Reactions: kjb

Ziqianzhu

Reaction score
Allured by pictures from you guys, nothing can stop me ordering the KS traveller. Credit card provider detected my transaction to NMWL as fraud activity. Spent two days with bank solving the issue and now it went through.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads