• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Any other data points?
When they post, compare the two lengths since you said SDC Trench was a good length. I’m a 40 chest and originally sized down two but was also not fully embraced to the roomy fit plus was at a low weight at the time. I sold my 36 and will be pre ordering the 38 so sizing down 1 seems good to me.

Friend

Reaction score
Thanks. Any other data points?

I'm 5'9" and 145 lbs or so, and posted a pic this weekend wearing a 36. I'm usually a US small/Japanese medium and got this aiming for TTS. It has volume, and at first I was on the fence if it felt like too much, but I got used to it after a few wears and really like the shape now. I find it pretty comfortable with a thin to chunky sweater underneath. I would definitely not go up to a 38 for myself, I think I'd be swimming in the sleeves and lose nice proportions on the rest.

professor

Reaction score
It’s a 38. Went with the 40 originally but it was huge.
Would you mind sharing your general dimensions and normal sizes? (A database of all of the NMWA regulars’ height, weight, and preferred sizes in different brands would be very useful for us newbies. . .Joking. . .Mostly.)

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also sized down on the traveler.....Not because I wanted to though. I was forced to since I’m a 44 and 42 is the largest they make. It fits fine but in a perfect world I would go tts. Don’t fight the cut.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you mind sharing your general dimensions and normal sizes? (A database of all of the NMWA regulars’ height, weight, and preferred sizes in different brands would be very useful for us newbies. . .Joking. . .Mostly.)
I’m 5’11” 165 18.5 inch shoulders 40 inch chest. Usually a medium or a slim large.

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
Yeah I went down 1 size and wish I didn’t.
Here’s a couple pics of mine. I’m 5’11” and 200 lbs. Both are size 40, but I found the green one tighter in the shoulder and chest.
FE17FD3D-114A-4891-ACA2-4E23996CEB48.jpeg
2181920C-F911-4AF1-AC36-7318FA1DC7B8.jpeg

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
Yea I see your point.
What’s your shoulder width? Im guessing you’re pretty broad.

yeah pretty broad shoulders. It makes sizing things a real nightmare. No idea my actual shoulder width though.

It doesn’t help that I’m carrying like 15 lbs more than usual

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Inspired by @Trayco i put on a favorite comfortable suit because why not. Camoshita cotton turtleneck too

692E1A80-F9EB-419C-987A-4475E6A598A5.jpeg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Jumping in here one more time to try and find our NMWA friend from Miami who sent (another) 75lbs of assorted Isaia/Sartoria Partenopea/Kiton etc. for the trade-up program and did not put his name or info on or in the box....

Please holler at your boy! If anyone knows a former Isaia addict in Miami who may be roaming the streets without any sport coats please put him in touch!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jumping in here one more time to try and find our NMWA friend from Miami who sent (another) 75lbs of assorted Isaia/Sartoria Partenopea/Kiton etc. for the trade-up program and did not put his name or info on or in the box....

Please holler at your boy! If anyone knows a former Isaia addict in Miami who may be roaming the streets without any sport coats please put him in touch!

Is there at least a residential return address on the box? Miami-Dade County has most of their property tax records publicly available online and you can enter the address into their property appraiser's website and get the owner's name (of course, this only works if they actually put a return address on there AND they own their home and don't live in an apartment or another rental). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

trafficjam

Reaction score
I don't live in Miami and I have never owned any Isaia, Sortoria Partenopea, or Kiton in my life but if he doesn't show up I'll happily take credit.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't live in Miami and I have never owned any Isaia, Sortoria Partenopea, or Kiton in my life but if he doesn't show up I'll happily take credit.
If they are all 42L/52L then they are clearly mine and should, umm, be returned to my DC address immediately!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads