• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
giphy.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never before been seriously tempted by the Valstars but I cannot stop dreaming about this one...
View attachment 1544091
It does look beautiful.

I don't think many of us would want to spend the coin for this one but who knows.

The Grose RAF is rougher around the edges but almost half the cost...

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any fit pics with the GRP ochre bubble stitch turtleneck?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven’t done the proper calcs yet but prob a little less than 3 big coins

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, train derailments happen very often in the US. 1,200-1,500 per year. That’s 3 or 4 every day. Fatalities are rare, thankfully.

I come for the Jawnz but I stay for the Train Facts.

Can I get an interest check here on doing preorders with James Grose? It's pretty time intensive for us to prepare preorder materials and create items online etc... but we may just be able to take preorders on a less formal fashion (email/deposit) if there are a few interested parties.

We'll probably restock the Lunch Jacket and RAF Irvin in the same configurations as before (only difference is they now sell the RAF Irvin in chest sizes instead of S, M, L, XL)

View attachment 1543811 View attachment 1543812 View attachment 1543813 View attachment 1543814

But we can also take orders for the same styles in different colors:

Lunch Jacket can come in:
  • Nappa Finish Dark Brown
  • Nappa Finish Black
  • Suede Finish Gold (what we order)
  • Suede Finish Dark Brown
  • Suede Finish Black
RAF Irvin can come in:
  • Nappa Finish Dark Brown (what we order)
  • Nappa Finish Black
  • Suede Finish Gold
  • Suede Finish Black

But we can also take preorders for styles we won't be stocking, like

Shearling DB jacket (we had the black on black one in stock a couple years ago) and comes in the same 5 options - fits slimmer than Lunch or RAF

View attachment 1543818 View attachment 1543819
View attachment 1543820

Or the Bench coat - which only comes in the three suede finish options

View attachment 1543816
View attachment 1543817

Haven't done the pricing fully just yet (especially with the extra Trump tax on UK goods ?) but in terms of costs RAF > DB > Bench > Lunch

Great to hear Grose is still kicking. Can they do a DB in the gold suede finish the Lunch jacket is in? If so

1611796126763.png

*(as long as it fits)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes they can *

* (you can’t know for sure if it will fit)

tailoredtech

Reaction score
Woah yeah great to hear James Grose is still in business! Seems like you guys also thought they were gone.

I'm interested in shearling, but looking to get something that isn't too heavy, especially for me living in 45+ winter weather. Grose DB and that Black/Brown Valstar are both beautiful. I remember asking about how warm the RAF was last season and seemed a bit too much for me, but wondering if Valstar options are a bit lighter.

dwiz

Reaction score
Can I get an interest check here on doing preorders with James Grose? It's pretty time intensive for us to prepare preorder materials and create items online etc... but we may just be able to take preorders on a less formal fashion (email/deposit) if there are a few interested parties.

We'll probably restock the Lunch Jacket and RAF Irvin in the same configurations as before (only difference is they now sell the RAF Irvin in chest sizes instead of S, M, L, XL)

View attachment 1543811 View attachment 1543812 View attachment 1543813 View attachment 1543814

But we can also take orders for the same styles in different colors:

Lunch Jacket can come in:
  • Nappa Finish Dark Brown
  • Nappa Finish Black
  • Suede Finish Gold (what we order)
  • Suede Finish Black
RAF Irvin can come in:
  • Nappa Finish Dark Brown (what we order)
  • Nappa Finish Black
  • Suede Finish Gold
  • Suede Finish Black

But we can also take preorders for styles we won't be stocking, like

Shearling DB jacket (we had the black on black one in stock a couple years ago) and comes in the same 5 options - fits slimmer than Lunch or RAF

View attachment 1543818 View attachment 1543819
View attachment 1543820

Or the Bench coat - which only comes in the three suede finish options

View attachment 1543816
View attachment 1543817

Haven't done the pricing fully just yet (especially with the extra Trump tax on UK goods ?) but in terms of costs RAF > DB > Bench > Lunch

any estimate on pricing re: the suede finish gold Lunch ?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My NR single breasted has been optimal dog walking gear in this Bay Area rainstorm. I just wish there was a little more room with the liner, but it's a great coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads