• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

kaizerpi

Reaction score
You're correct about the spelling of the brand. YK wanted his brand to have an international/European ring so he used C instead of K.

I think that's an important part of what Camoshita is about. From the very start, YK conceived the brand as something that he wanted to sell outside of Japan, outside of the UA store network. In a sense, that's an experiment for UA and YK - they didn't have a brand to wholesale like that. Beams (UA’s arch rival) developed a couple of wholesale brands for the international market but UA never did.

So everything about designing and marketing Camoshita was done looking outside Japan : size ranges, showing at Pitti and NY, working on Western retail schedule... the other Japanese brand that we carry that has this approach is ts(s).

It’s worth noting that many of the styles that YK designs are drawn from his own clothes (bespoke and vintage finds). Also, credit is due to Hiro Tarao who develops most of the designs and styles in the collection, from YK’s direction.

My appreciation for Camoshita is very much because of his color palettes and the incredibly tasteful eye he has for fabrics and colors. Many are custom developed (fabric mulls don’t make those shades of ochre and mauve...) which invariably adds to the cost of the clothes (again, not dissimilar to ts(s))

Any specific questions that you wanted to answer?

Would love to understand more the mindset behind the easy pants. I always get the sense that YK was one of the early influencers about easy pants using tailored fabrics and very casual, easy wearing outfits, like his very relaxed suits, sometimes paired with easy pants. Personally, something like a Camoshita seersucker/corduroy suit would be something I would love to own someday.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NMWA newbie here. Looking at the various knits. How much do you all size up in the Ikiji super 120s turtlenecks? What about the GRP dry hand or dash stitch crewnecks?

Any other recommended knits?
Welcome!
In Ijiki I size up 2
I don’t have GRP but I would do a 6 according to the virtusize. Think that’s an L so size up 1.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NMWA newbie here. Looking at the various knits. How much do you all size up in the Ikiji super 120s turtlenecks? What about the GRP dry hand or dash stitch crewnecks?

Any other recommended knits?

I on the other hand don’t own any of the Ikiji turtlenecks, but in the GRP bubble knit I went with a VI, which I would likely also get in any of their other knits.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knitwear. Considering picking up a GRP cable knit or a Doppiaa fuzzy. At first thought I was thinking a 5 in the GRP and a 50 in the Doppiaa. Anyone have either that can weigh in?

I’m 5’10 ish 170ish. Usually go with a large in my knitwear as I like a little more room. Not too tight but still not too sloppy.

I read the discussions on GRP sizing and it seems to vary a bit from item to item. Couldn’t find much on the Doppiaa.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knitwear. Considering picking up a GRP cable knit or a Doppiaa fuzzy. At first thought I was thinking a 5 in the GRP and a 50 in the Doppiaa. Anyone have either that can weigh in?

I’m 5’10 ish 170ish. Usually go with a large in my knitwear as I like a little more room. Not too tight but still not too sloppy.

I read the discussions on GRP sizing and it seems to vary a bit from item to item. Couldn’t find much on the Doppiaa.
With Doppiaa I’ve been good ordering same as my jacket size sz 52 in polos and sweaters. They refer to that as an XL, but I’m typically a L in letter sizing.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would say 5 is TTS, but if you want more room, go with 6. GRP is slimmish in the body

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i have several GRP sweaters, and i'm 5'10 180, all IV which is a slim-ish fit but i have an athletic build. if you want more room, a V should be good. going VI would probably be too long in the body and arms.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@conceptual 4est you're going to have to plan a full day in the coming months putting LuxeBucks in peoples accounts....

Keep em coming boys but wow thats about 600lbs, maybe more!
Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 11.42.38 AM.png

Chanel bag for scale

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@conceptual 4est you're going to have to plan a full day in the coming months putting LuxeBucks in peoples accounts....

Keep em coming boys but wow thats about 600lbs, maybe more!
View attachment 1543217

Chanel bag for scale

I spy my box! 25lbs of now too small / unworn casual stuff. I still need to get another box for the suits I have that don’t fit anymore.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like one person sent 5 of those medium boxes?! :wow:

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sale pickups
Camoshita roll neck and crew.
Both have a hard and structured hand but in a good way that feels clean and premium. Camoshita colors are always amazing.
The crew is a lil big on me but I sized up to L for the length and I’m ok with an oversized fit for this (also it’s intended)
S&C
Won’t say much since we all know how great these are. I sized to small. Probably could have done medium for more slouch but I’m happy with the small.
Kanata Cowichan
I know the brown is more traditional but I like how the black is different from that. This thing is a beast. I sized up 2 and got the 44 which is perfect. Not scratchy at all which other brands typically are.
DopiAA Alpaca Turtle
Wow. This is incredibly soft. It’s a tad thicker than I expected but it’s super cozy and warm. So luxurious and won’t need to be layered much. Just throw a coat over.
Inis Meain beanies
My fave beanies. Have about 7 colors now. I prefer this tight fit. S&C are softer because all have some cashmere but these are still soft and not scratchy.
A4DD8229-7A9E-4520-8C7D-4D397E252B96.jpeg

EA8B692B-C7EC-4B60-ADC1-672BE2B07E86.jpeg

87C17F84-200F-42A6-ACD0-AFFB16C30EA4.jpeg

8CA40B0F-2012-43F8-9CEF-CDBB7B6EF179.jpeg

3539863A-1060-433E-991C-A1F3677EFD9A.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads