• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh definitely. The S&C cashmere ones are great and warm. Probably warmer than wool

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S&C caps are my favorite hats of all time.
I think the standing advice is
Size down for no slouch
TTS for slouch
Size up for extra slouch
Thanks, guys. I have a charcoal one from years ago that I must have sized down. It’s a trimmer fit. Would love a navy one, but it’s not available TTS.

@gdl203 do you expect you’ll restock the navy cardigan next FW?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes we'll definitely restock the classic colors

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Typically I’m a 31-32 true waist. I have a strong seat and thighs but not huge. For instance, I am a 30 in drake’s trousers and I still have some room in the waist/seat. But the rise would determine where on the waist/hip a trouser sits, which will determine the size I would buy. Lower the rise, the bigger the waist measurement needed. So I totally get that it’s a style thing, but for me it’s also about comfort.

I feel the same way. For me rise length is very important in terms of comfort...much more than just being a style question. An 11” rise means the waistband sits right on the top of my hipbone, which is as low as I care to go. Anything less is uncomfortable even in jeans, and I wouldn’t buy it.

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score
Thanks guys, jumped on the teal-ish S&C watch cap - cozy.
@WhyUEarly Rotas look great but I don’t have my size dialed in; unsure if the pents I have on Virtusize provide an accurate comparison...o_O

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, jumped on the teal-ish S&C watch cap - cozy.
@WhyUEarly Rotas look great but I don’t have my size dialed in; unsure if the pents I have on Virtusize provide an accurate comparison...o_O
Yea final sale is tough. If there's something you eye, not a bad idea to buy it at full price to nail the sizing down. Worse case you can return it if it doesn't work out.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doppiaa coat shot
2C4FFE53-3A78-4E8A-8463-DCAAD4DD5391.jpeg

With a bonus custom Tony
BEB06FEE-9852-4880-8009-972F50DBA1C3.jpeg
556E53D4-FDE8-4488-AF96-CECBD7E6CE2A.jpeg

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moleskin? I just commissioned a custom piece in navy moleskin and I am pumped
Yes. The ochre moleskin that just came in. It’s really nice! Good weight and super soft. I have a green shacket in it as well.

ghh923

Reaction score
My petrol Tony came today too and holy cow. Just spectacular. Apparently it was OG NMWA? He can do no wrong.

Was curious if anyone here has the KS Ghurka trouser in the wild. Love the light olive, but it’s a completely different style than the slim tapered pants I’m used to.

wesleeatl

Reaction score
My petrol Tony came today too and holy cow. Just spectacular. Apparently it was OG NMWA? He can do no wrong.

Was curious if anyone here has the KS Ghurka trouser in the wild. Love the light olive, but it’s a completely different style than the slim tapered pants I’m used to.
think i’ve posted these before, literally in the wild.
BD890352-3064-4C4E-AB78-694EC3C2FBF5.jpeg

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can’t pull them off like @wesleeatl but I couldn’t resist posting this seeing as we are doing damn near the same thing with opposite hands!

1611447966796.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads