• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

beepbop

Reaction score
Anybody have a recommendation for a starter pair of easy pants? I've been watching them pop up everywhere with a bit of skepticism about how they'd look on me (tall, slim), but I feel like I have to give them a try. Any suggestions? (If it's helpful, I'm a 32 waist, 32 inseam kind of guy.) With authorization from the wife, I've been on a bit of a NMWA knitwear spending spree. Now, I need some pants to go with the sweaters. . .Thanks.

Camoshita would be a good place to start. Most of the ones that NMWA carry have flat-fronts/pleats, and the elastic is in the back, easily hidden with a jacket or sweater. If you're normally a 32, I'd start with a 48. They're pretty much normal trousers, just with a half elastic waist.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Stephan Schneider ones tend to be more tapered than most, so that may be a good fit too for a slimmer guy.

true.to.size

Reaction score
Anybody have a recommendation for a starter pair of easy pants? I've been watching them pop up everywhere with a bit of skepticism about how they'd look on me (tall, slim), but I feel like I have to give them a try. Any suggestions? (If it's helpful, I'm a 32 waist, 32 inseam kind of guy.) With authorization from the wife, I've been on a bit of a NMWA knitwear spending spree. Now, I need some pants to go with the sweaters. . .Thanks.
If you are okay with a slimmer silhouette, Stephan Schneider is a good way to ease (sry) into the pant style. I'm also on the lanky side and they are some of my favorite pants. As a 30 waist, 31ish inseam, I most often wear a 4 in his pants, though the options this year seemed a bit slimmer than usual, so I took a 5 and they fit great and have a relatively generous inseam for easy pants. 6 would probably be best for you for the ones on the site now. 5s might work, too, especially in older and more relaxed styles.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Special thanks to whoever picked up that DBF work jacket that has been tempting me :)

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1606413379984.jpeg

long gone from the store but this Monitaly vancloth lightweight parka is still a joy

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patrick, haha you've got me looking at this now... does it size like a Valstarino?

I think so. I have 9 Valstars split between size 52 and 54. I take a 54 in this.

This is not a flashy jacket, but it is as much a perfect staple as that GRP sweater you suggested to me (which I was wearing yesterday for the 500th time this year).

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think so. I have 9 Valstars split between size 52 and 54. I take a 54 in this.

This is not a flashy jacket, but it is as much a perfect staple as that GRP sweater you suggested to me (which I was wearing yesterday for the 500th time this year).

Thanks for the word on the fit. Glad the chunky GRP worked out well. Love mine, but don't get to wear it here very often as the weather is so mild.

By the way, all the best for everyone in the U.S. for Thanksgiving!

Donut

Reaction score
Having a tough time deciding between 2 Valstars. It's either the Clint or the Milano in the houndstooth. I've unfortunately wanted both a suede jacket and a patterned balmacaan for quite a while so I'm finally pulling the trigger. Anyone have opinions that could sway me either way?

I generally straddle the line between SWD and CM in terms of style. NMWA and Drake's lookbooks are probably how I envision my wardrobe.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shape of the Tony shirts are so good. I'm sad I missed out on the terrcorra one someone was selling in the other thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads