• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks! How high do you wear your gurkhas - just below the belly button, or lower?

You got it, I wear them just below the belly button on my natural waist. I love the clean line that’s created with that. I don’t mind the baggy look if I decide to wear them lower though.

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what did you guys grab this morning? I'm really excited about all of these.

First ever stuff from Wythe, the black bedford cord 5 pockets and the washed blue sweatshirt:

20201124 NMWA Wythe Five pocket pants in black Japanese bedford cord 07.jpg

20201124 NMWA Wythe crewneck sweatshirt in faded navy cotton 02.jpg

As @unbelragazzo mentioned, these Jamieson's are amazing value at $124 and look at those colours!

20201124 20200919 NMWA Jamiesons Shetland wool sweater oyster blush pink 02.jpg

Last but not least, really excited about my second Valstarino, this beige padded beauty!

20201124 NMWA Valstar Beige cotton nylon light-filled Valstarino jacket 09.jpg

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Anyone able to comment on how the boat builder fits compared to the tunic?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LatAm Great picks. How do we not have any fit pics yet of the Wythe long coat?
Wearing mine today ! I honestly cannot believe that youse guys left my size on the rack for so long. I had no other options but to grab it

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need a pair of cords. Was thinking more traditional and Rota at first. The KS cords are speaking to me now...The waist on the 34 seems pretty small. I’m usually between a 33 and 34 inch waist.

Did you guys size up?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The washed Rota are also excellent for a more casual vibe

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone missed out on the KS Travelers Coat in greyplaid, I just received my preorder in size 42 and mis-sized sadly. Willing to part ways at cost if anyone is having regrets on missing out. Let me know via PM. Hope posting is ok, Greg, but I know you are all sold out so I wouldn't cannibalize shop sales.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the sizing on the S&C cashmere cable knit like? Is it stretchy and a fairly straight fit? I'm not sure if the M or L makes more sense. The M has a chest size (I'm 39" chest, and usually go for a 42-43" P2P for knitwear that is designed to fit neither loose nor tight) that would work well for me, but it seems a lot shorter than the L. I'm 5'10" with about as average a build as you could imagine. Most of my knitwear is at least 26" BOC, and rarely beyond 27.5". Any ideas? @gdl203 or anyone else?

FWIW I love the fit of 42" william lockie lambswool sweaters and 44" in their chirnside cashmere.

Most (including Greg) recommend sizing down on S&C cardigan. FWIW, I’m a 42/52 in tailoring (42 chest) and take medium in S&C cardigans...

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most (including Greg) recommend sizing down on S&C cardigan. FWIW, I’m a 42/52 in tailoring (42 chest) and take medium in S&C cardigans...

Looks like the question was actually about the cashmere cable knit...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads