• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's Kyle's statements on how Frank sources deadstock fabrics from merchants/ tailors who are retiring

e.g. product description here
Yea this is accurate. Haha shouldn't try to tap into the live on bad connections.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caveat: All NMWA Brands I Have Tried And Continue to Purchase Are Awesome And My Comments Are All Relative

So, Doppiaa is one of those brands that I typically think of as nice but not luxe. For the price, I feel like I'm primarily paying for the design and the beautiful color palette - the fabric and quality is good but I would not say that the fabric and quality is in the same real as DBF, for example (nor should it be considering the price differential (and sidenote: it is better than Document's button-sewer :))). I think they make a great everyday product that does not need to be babied, and in my opinion, they pump out some of the coolest clothing around right now.

Well, I ordered the Aagrigento turtleneck and my goodness I am floored by what they can do at the higher end of the price spectrum. I own a lot of really awesome knitwear and this is unquestionably the most beautiful sweater I own. It is unquestionably a splurge. However, I do not know whether I will turn to any other sweater.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caveat: All NMWA Brands I Have Tried And Continue to Purchase Are Awesome And My Comments Are All Relative

So, Doppiaa is one of those brands that I typically think of as nice but not luxe. For the price, I feel like I'm primarily paying for the design and the beautiful color palette - the fabric and quality is good but I would not say that the fabric and quality is in the same real as DBF, for example (nor should it be considering the price differential (and sidenote: it is better than Document's button-sewer :))). I think they make a great everyday product that does not need to be babied, and in my opinion, they pump out some of the coolest clothing around right now.

Well, I ordered the Aagrigento turtleneck and my goodness I am floored by what they can do at the higher end of the price spectrum. I own a lot of really awesome knitwear and this is unquestionably the most beautiful sweater I own. It is unquestionably a splurge. However, I do not know whether I will turn to any other sweater.

haha whoever sews buttons at Document is just ?‍♂️

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The baby alpaca Doppiaa sweaters are insanely nice. What color did you get?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grey. So good I now want the green.

henriik

Reaction score
The Aquamarine version looks pretty stunning, should be as it is the one of if not the most expensive knit on the site!

true.to.size

Reaction score
Wearing my first ever Doppiaa item and they do some very nice things with cotton too. Really unique fabric and the cut is just right.

20201030_160805.jpg

45bur

Reaction score

Did you size up on it? Also, how much does it shed?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you size up on it? Also, how much does it shed?

I went TTS, as I often do in DOPPIAA. It looks like I have a cat.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Aquamarine version looks pretty stunning, should be as it is the one of if not the most expensive knit on the site!

Yeah, I was going to send it back if it was not perfect. For better and for worse, it is perfect.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Yeah seriously this Leder collection is pretty nice. Really interested in the Deutschleder pants. From Kyle's instagram, they're literally solid. Scarf is tempting but I just got my brick stole in the mail.
IMG_6807.JPG

They're really fun. I have the slimmer pair from a few years ago and they've been nice to break in, although the wider pair would have been much less punishing. They don't stretch like raw denim but they do get softer, and they develop these cool creases over time and smoothen out in high-wear places. Here are some pics I found online of others' Deutschleder, including some comparison shots:

1604090131687.png

1604090085168.png

1604090062508.png

1604090154829.png

1604090168772.png

1604090180777.png

I was cutting in and out on the live. Did I hear right? Frank Leder is retiring?

Nope, still going strong! Was just talking a bit about how when he finds out about local tailors retiring he buys up their fabric and trim, so he gets these great vintage materials.

Okay, just grabbed the DBF chore coat in 52. Looking forward to wearing it soon!

Nice, I think we're on the same page with a lot of things this season :cheers:. I got this one for myself as well. Already put it to good use on the livestream!

@gdl203 are the Camo easy pants tts, or is sizing up recommended?

They're kind of slim in in the seat and thigh, so if you're cool with that you can go TTS but some people would prefer a size up.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got in the doppiaa five pockets and after worrying that they might be too big, they’re actually snug in the waist. Can I expect the waistband to stretch an inch or so like a pair of jeans?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads