• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly don’t know how to answer these. The only question that matters IMO is do you like them on you?
I do, I was just asking because some sweaters (the crewneck sweatshirt was cropped with a drop sweater on purpose). The turtleneck wasn’t cropped, but had dropped shoulders, and I was wondering if that was intentional.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooh! Tell me more friendo

Kind reminder, it's Saturday evening :)

thanks troika. Only @d him because he responded to someone before me, and I sent an email a few days ago regarding something else which wasn’t responded to.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ikiji in the wild. Cooling down at sunset during smashing seafood dinner on the Jersey Shore. Just enough to need a sweater.

2AB7AA9F-BFFC-4F4C-AB26-7B81813F477A.jpeg

c0ldfusion

Reaction score
Normally, I'm a pretty easy fit. In Drake's I take 15 3/4 but will take a 15 1/2 if it's casual and I'm not going to button the top button. 40/90 in Kamakura. Those two brands make up the bulk of my "dress" shirts. Pretty typical Medium. 38 or 40 in suit jackets depending on fit/make.
Thanks!

I wear mostly Kamakura (rip NYC store). This was very helpful for me. I went with the same collar size in G. Inglese.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you wear yours with an undershirt? I just got mine in the mail and the wool feels _slighty_ scratchy to me.
Yes. I was wearing a Drake’s linen short sleeve shirt and had the sweater in case it cooled down. If I was wearing the sweater on its own I would definitely wear an undershirt. Sweaters are usually not meant to be worn against the skin.

nycs10011

Reaction score
Thanks!

I wear mostly Kamakura (rip NYC store). This was very helpful for me. I went with the same collar size in G. Inglese.

Yeah, I'm really sorry to see them go. I did stop by to pick up a few on sale. I'll probably go back to buy from the Japanese store online although I'll miss seeing the fabric in person and the super helpful staff.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G. Inglese SS21 preorders

Vittoria linen shirt, one-piece buttoned collar

View attachment 1463434
[SS21 PRE-ORDER DEPOSIT] Vittoria linen shirt, one-piece buttoned collar

Bonfanti poplin retro stripe camp collar shirt, short sleeves
View attachment 1463435
View attachment 1463436

Bonfanti poplin navy retro stripe camp collar shirt, long sleeves
View attachment 1463438
(did you miss this guy? ^ )
View attachment 1463439

Cotton & linen pique long-sleeve polo shirt
View attachment 1463440 View attachment 1463441

Cotton & linen horizontal stripe pique long-sleeve polo shirt, one-piece collar
View attachment 1463442

Square seersucker popover shirt, one-piece collar
View attachment 1463447

Small square seersucker camp collar shirt
View attachment 1463452 View attachment 1463453

Grenadine-knit cotton long-sleeve polo shirt, one-piece collar
View attachment 1463454 View attachment 1463455

• Standard sizes only - no MTM or MTO
  • PREORDER15 for 15% off
  • Deadline 9/27 at midnight
Greg, are the Vittoria linen options available for individual MTO? That green wide stripe is fantasico!

Last edited:

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is such a good take in the chore coat. I’ve been looking for a more elegant version for a while. Kind of bizarre that Schneider has basically no online representation in Europe, but makes his stuff in Belgium.

stephan_schneider_fall_winter_2020_jacket_7_.jpg

Rewiag

Reaction score
Should we stop doing Inglese preorders going forward? This round is probably our best fabric options in years and it doesn't look like there's much interest / orders.

If we encountered any of these options in a Fujito or Kaptain Sunshine collection, we would be bouncing off the walls with excitement... :confused2:

Hey, I'm new to the thread and acutally interested in these, but never had an Inglese shirt before. Is there a sizing guide? I don't have any high-en shirts tbh, usually wearing GANT (Size: slim S) or MTM shirts. In Polo's, im also S or XS in Lacoste.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to the thread and acutally interested in these, but never had an Inglese shirt before. Is there a sizing guide? I don't have any high-en shirts tbh, usually wearing GANT (Size: slim S) or MTM shirts. In Polo's, im also S or XS in Lacoste.
Welcome. We would never recommend preorders if you haven’t tried the shirts and cut before. Even with all the measurements in the world, it’s preferable to ensure you like the fit and cut in a specific size, before committing to a preorder that often cannot be returned or exchanged.

It sounds like like you’d want to try size 37 and confirm that works for you.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand - I also know that the shoulder construction can be confusing - even though I believe that once one gets used to the closer shoulder construction, it becomes hard to go back to anything else.

To be clear, I'm surprised by the statement that shoulders are narrow for the neck size - I don't think that is the case, and I think that the perception is altered by the shoulder construction.

In any case, I agree that sizing is an important concern for preorders. Which is why I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble at all. Maybe we should just buy the couple colors we like the best for the rack and leave it at that.
Welcome. We would never recommend preorders if you haven’t tried the shirts and cut before. Even with all the measurements in the world, it’s preferable to ensure you like the fit and cut in a specific size, before committing to a preorder that often cannot be returned or exchanged.

It sounds like like you’d want to try size 37 and confirm that works for you.

I appreciate the input and absolutely agree with your above post. This is definitely apparent in footwear measurements and sizing vs. “real feel” of the shoe, but it still stands for other clothing as well. In my case, perhaps it is Inglese’s shoulder construction that led to the tightness (though I do remember measuring the shoulders on the two SS18 polos, and feeling they were quite different)?

Regardless, it’s a good reminder that not all makers’ sizes fit equally on everyone. And more importantly, if possible, try the piece(s) out first before pre-orders/MTO/other non-refundable items. Thankfully, doing the 18 East thing and sizing up on certain types of clothing works well, such as camp collar shirts and some polos.

Anyway, back to exciting fabrics for this preorder! I’m in for the yellow seersucker and teal retro stripe camp collar shirts! (I trust my best size for the Miami collar polos will work for this ;) ) Next spring and summer will be extra colorful for me!

marisa_camp_collar_shirt_5_.jpg
bonfanti_camp_collar_shirt_2_.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads