• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am very fond of Inglese and the fabrics on offer are lovely. But it’s hard to place a preorder when the future of international shipping is uncertain (apparently). I’ve also never come to terms with the shoulder construction, especially on formal shirts, despite the impressive handiwork.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The long sleeve popover seersucker is only available in green and white, correct? Not the yellow seersucker?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The long sleeve popover seersucker is only available in green and white, correct? Not the yellow seersucker?
Correct. It’s actually a different seersucker fabric from the ones used for the camp collar shirt. The scale of the squares is bigger

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my Camoshita turtleneck, and was curious if there was a drop shoulder? Also, is the mock neck lightweight sweater supposed to be roomy in the chest area?

thanks??

nycs10011

Reaction score
Re: G. Inglese. I tried a 39 polo this summer and just didn't like the fit. I feel like if I grab a 40 and wash it, wear it and let it break in a bit I'll be more comfortable with the shoulders and overall fit. The fabrics are always great and craftmanship is top shelf, for me, it's just a matter of how it fits through the shoulders and chest. That being said I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the yellow seersucker that seems like the most popular choice.

I definitely regret not trying on more of the G.I. shirts back when stopping by the office was easy.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

c0ldfusion

Reaction score
Re: G. Inglese. I tried a 39 polo this summer and just didn't like the fit. I feel like if I grab a 40 and wash it, wear it and let it break in a bit I'll be more comfortable with the shoulders and overall fit. The fabrics are always great and craftmanship is top shelf, for me, it's just a matter of how it fits through the shoulders and chest. That being said I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the yellow seersucker that seems like the most popular choice.

I definitely regret not trying on more of the G.I. shirts back when stopping by the office was easy.

Just curious, what is your typical shirting size? Thanks

nycs10011

Reaction score
Just curious, what is your typical shirting size? Thanks

Normally, I'm a pretty easy fit. In Drake's I take 15 3/4 but will take a 15 1/2 if it's casual and I'm not going to button the top button. 40/90 in Kamakura. Those two brands make up the bulk of my "dress" shirts. Pretty typical Medium. 38 or 40 in suit jackets depending on fit/make.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hi, can you respond to my question about the Camoshita sweaters? Thanks.
I don’t have an answer to those questions. They seem like open ended subjective appreciations of the shape of a garment. What answer are you expecting?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just received my Camoshita turtleneck, and was curious if there was a drop shoulder? Also, is the mock neck lightweight sweater supposed to be roomy in the chest area?

thanks??
I honestly don’t know how to answer these. The only question that matters IMO is do you like them on you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads