• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Early voting, in Inis Meáin, of course...

IMG_0010.jpg

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should we stop doing Inglese preorders going forward? This round is probably our best fabric options in years and it doesn't look like there's much interest / orders.

If we encountered any of these options in a Fujito or Kaptain Sunshine collection, we would be bouncing off the walls with excitement... :confused2:

Agree that this is the best, most interesting, selection of fabrics for the G. Inglese Spring/Summer preorders. I’m going to order at least one camp collar shirt (leaning towards yellow seersucker), and am deciding on a second shirt (maybe the teal retro stripe camp, maybe a green seersucker Miami collar polo, maybe the blue horizontal stripe Miami).

For me, my hesitation with Inglese preorders is the sizing, in particular the narrow shoulders when compared with neck size. Unfortunately, I have not found the previous NMWA shoulder measurements to be accurate for Inglese, especially when comparing this with shoulder measurements on other makers in the NMWA’s line-up.

I rolled the dice in the past on three Inglese preorder Miami polo shirts, two for SS18, one in SS19; I selected the sizes based on the provided measurements. Only the SS19 worked out, but I had to have it tailored slightly to fit comfortably. The other two were LuxeSwapped, too small in the shoulders (smaller than the posted measurements), and uncomfortable to wear. So far, those two SS18 polos are my only regret purchases from NMWA.

In addition, I have two ordered “standard” stock Miami collar polos over two separate seasons. I had to return one, again due to narrow shoulders. For the polo I kept (SS20 yellow stripe oxford), I ended up ordering a few sizes larger than my normal collar size, and it finally worked out, although the collar looks a touch big.

Now, even though (I believe) I’ve found my optimum polo size, I’m still hesitant to purchase, considering my history with Inglese sizing, and also that the Inglese camp collar shirt fit and measurements do not seem to be fully known. But I’m willing to roll the dice one more time :) I believe pre-orders close on Sunday? Fingers crossed that there’ll be enough last-minute enthusiasm for the G. Inglese preorders to continue in the future!

c0ldfusion

Reaction score
Yo agreed! That yellow seersucker is so tempting! I'm thinking of ordering one based on the polo collar and chest sizing. Your past experience with sizing is very helpful and is making me a little bit hesitant.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm probably going to do a yellow seersucker camp collar, just haven't put it in yet.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 personally for me, I am not going to go back to office till H2 of 2021, and even then it's going to be 2/3 days out of 5 in best case scenario, so the need for shirts a la Inglese is dwindling, on the other hand casual options like camp collar shirts are definitely the step in the right direction, so maybe that's something to consider.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree that this is the best, most interesting, selection of fabrics for the G. Inglese Spring/Summer preorders. I’m going to order at least one camp collar shirt (leaning towards yellow seersucker), and am deciding on a second shirt (maybe the teal retro stripe camp, maybe a green seersucker Miami collar polo, maybe the blue horizontal stripe Miami).

For me, my hesitation with Inglese preorders is the sizing, in particular the narrow shoulders when compared with neck size. Unfortunately, I have not found the previous NMWA shoulder measurements to be accurate for Inglese, especially when comparing this with shoulder measurements on other makers in the NMWA’s line-up.

I rolled the dice in the past on three Inglese preorder Miami polo shirts, two for SS18, one in SS19; I selected the sizes based on the provided measurements. Only the SS19 worked out, but I had to have it tailored slightly to fit comfortably. The other two were LuxeSwapped, too small in the shoulders (smaller than the posted measurements), and uncomfortable to wear. So far, those two SS18 polos are my only regret purchases from NMWA.

In addition, I have two ordered “standard” stock Miami collar polos over two separate seasons. I had to return one, again due to narrow shoulders. For the polo I kept (SS20 yellow stripe oxford), I ended up ordering a few sizes larger than my normal collar size, and it finally worked out, although the collar looks a touch big.

Now, even though (I believe) I’ve found my optimum polo size, I’m still hesitant to purchase, considering my history with Inglese sizing, and also that the Inglese camp collar shirt fit and measurements do not seem to be fully known. But I’m willing to roll the dice one more time :) I believe pre-orders close on Sunday? Fingers crossed that there’ll be enough last-minute enthusiasm for the G. Inglese preorders to continue in the future!

I understand - I also know that the shoulder construction can be confusing - even though I believe that once one gets used to the closer shoulder construction, it becomes hard to go back to anything else.

To be clear, I'm surprised by the statement that shoulders are narrow for the neck size - I don't think that is the case, and I think that the perception is altered by the shoulder construction.

In any case, I agree that sizing is an important concern for preorders. Which is why I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble at all. Maybe we should just buy the couple colors we like the best for the rack and leave it at that.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure you have existing pieces from G. Inglese. If so, do the shoulders fit okay relative to collar and chest? Thanks

I have a few dress shirts that fit well without alterations.

c0ldfusion

Reaction score
I have a few dress shirts that fit well without alterations.
Thanks man! I will join you guys for the yellow seersucker. I think it's going to look killer with navy shorts and some aviators when summer rolls around next.

tailoredtech

Reaction score
Not sure if someone asked already but could I get a different shirt made with the small square seersucker fabric? I've bought way too many camp collar shirts this SS and need some variety.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should we stop doing Inglese preorders going forward? This round is probably our best fabric options in years and it doesn't look like there's much interest / orders.

If we encountered any of these options in a Fujito or Kaptain Sunshine collection, we would be bouncing off the walls with excitement... :confused2:

I imagine COVID and #WFH has a lot to do with the lack of participation. Generally, I'd be in for a dress shirt or two but I haven't worn a dress shirt since the middle of March. Even when I do go into the office physically these days, there are so few people there (and the public isn't allowed in) so I can get away with as casual as I want. And it sounds like our office is planning to allow most of us to keep working from home permanently.

All that said, I'm glad to see so many awesome options this time around in the long sleeve polo and popover shirts! I just placed my pre-order for 3 of those since I know I'll get a lot more use out of them than a dress shirt.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loving all the mock neck options for this season. Going to make it difficult to choose which knits I want to pick up.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Have been sleeping on this because I was ‘t checking the thread. Belatedly in :)

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 personally for me, I am not going to go back to office till H2 of 2021, and even then it's going to be 2/3 days out of 5 in best case scenario, so the need for shirts a la Inglese is dwindling, on the other hand casual options like camp collar shirts are definitely the step in the right direction, so maybe that's something to consider.
This.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads