• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep coming back to this shirt. I was working out this morning thinking of this shirt.

Does anyone have fit pics?
-
Also a 52 should probably wear an CL right?
I ordered an XL but I normally wear Large in non-Japanese stuff (42US/52EU). Shirt is excellent all around.

IMG_0878.jpg

Last edited:

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep coming back to this shirt. I was working out this morning thinking of this shirt.

Does anyone have fit pics?
-
Also a 52 should probably wear an CL right?
I can take one later today and highly recommend the shirt. The fabric and pattern are fantastic. I actually went TTS (Medium) and didn't regret it.

gardenvariety

Reaction score
I noticed a lot of the current stock is on sale (I'm not interested in purchasing final sale as I don't like to risk things not working out with no recourse). Does that mean a new wave of non-sale/retail items is coming soon to replace a lot of these items? Very possible this was answered a while ago, skimmed the last few pages of the thread and didn't see anything.

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
If they are 34 I think you should return them. Look terrible ?

34s sold out pretty quickly if I remember correctly. I went to buy a pair right after they dropped and they were gone. I scoured the site for weeks after that hoping someone would return a pair

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
34s sold out pretty quickly if I remember correctly. I went to buy a pair right after they dropped and they were gone. I scoured the site for weeks after that hoping someone would return a pair

I missed out initially as well but came back randomly and grabbed what must have been a 34 that was returned...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed a lot of the current stock is on sale (I'm not interested in purchasing final sale as I don't like to risk things not working out with no recourse). Does that mean a new wave of non-sale/retail items is coming soon to replace a lot of these items? Very possible this was answered a while ago, skimmed the last few pages of the thread and didn't see anything.
The spring summer merchandise will not be replaced with other summer merchandise - it will be sold on sale for another couple weeks. At the end of the month, we will start our weekly arrivals of fall merchandise, which will be at regular price and regular return policy until January. We typically have 6 weeks of end-of-season sales twice a year. The other 40 weeks or so are regular price and regular return policy

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pants look great here. Good pairing with the brown 18east shirt, I've been fond of a similar color combo with those KS pants and the tobacco linen vacation shirt from Monitaly.

thanks! yeah the monitaly linen shirts look awesome, too.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed out initially as well but came back randomly and grabbed what must have been a 34 that was returned...
I grabbed the tan right away and waited on the navy. When I got the tan I instantly went for the navy and it was gone. I think I remember that restock notification and in minutes it was gone again.
They look great!

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The spring summer merchandise will not be replaced with other summer merchandise - it will be sold on sale for another couple weeks. At the end of the month, we will start our weekly arrivals of fall merchandise, which will be at regular price and regular return policy until January. We typically have 6 weeks of end-of-season sales twice a year. The other 40 weeks or so are regular price and regular return policy

When do the sneak peaks start :)

AlexS

Reaction score
For the Linen Crew:

Unless I'm mistaken, in the photos there appears to be a difference in the knitting for the solid vs donegal yarns. Specifically on both donegals, there is a narrow band (1-2 inch) of horizontal stitching (high) across the shoulder, while the rest of the stitching is vertically oriented. That style matches the linen crew on the IE website. The picture of the dark blue linen crew however, doesn't appear to have this horizontal band and is just vertical throughout. Can you confirm that the donegal will have this band? (I'm more interested in the donegal but also curious if the solid will not have it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the Linen Crew:

Unless I'm mistaken, in the photos there appears to be a difference in the knitting for the solid vs donegal yarns. Specifically on both donegals, there is a narrow band (1-2 inch) of horizontal stitching (high) across the shoulder, while the rest of the stitching is vertically oriented. That style matches the linen crew on the IE website. The picture of the dark blue linen crew however, doesn't appear to have this horizontal band and is just vertical throughout. Can you confirm that the donegal will have this band? (I'm more interested in the donegal but also curious if the solid will not have it)
I don't know the technical reason why some sweaters (donegals) have two seams along the shoulder while others have one - but yes, you can safely assume that none of that will change from previous seasons to the next.

If this detail is a deal-breaker for you, I would just not pre-order though. The exact construction of the shoulder seams is not something that I would consider as contractual or anything. They'll make it how they make it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics