• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

kongmw

Reaction score
In for the relaxed jacket in mackerel. TTS the way to go?

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if we were misleading (and misled). Inis Meain showed this as the standard "Relaxed Jacket" but loaned us a sample with only one button. When we inquired they said the style has two buttons but the second button was left off the sample... We said we like it better with one button and can we have this as the NMWA version?

View attachment 1439634

We've developed many styles as exclusives over the year, and Inis Meain always develops those for us and gives us a season or two of exclusivity before offering it to others (alpaca silk turtlenecks, tunics, linen ribbed sweater, buttonless cardigan, etc...) so we thought this was what was happening here.

As confused as you... so NOT an exclusive, but the style is still dope. Grab from other shops at discount if you can, of course. Fair is fair.
I'll still be preordering one of the relaxed jackets, as ensuring size and selecting my preferred color is invaluable (or at least has real value). On that note, is there any chance the easy cardigan can be done up in skate?

tailoredtech

Reaction score
This is such a difficult choice. For tunics, what do you guys usually wear underneath? I really like the small neck-hole on the crewneck as it hides the undershirt, so I'm curious to see what people wear. Collared shirts? Nothing at all?

true.to.size

Reaction score
Sorry if we were misleading (and misled). Inis Meain showed this as the standard "Relaxed Jacket" but loaned us a sample with only one button. When we inquired they said the style has two buttons but the second button was left off the sample... We said we like it better with one button and can we have this as the NMWA version?

View attachment 1439634

We've developed many styles as exclusives over the year, and Inis Meain always develops those for us and gives us a season or two of exclusivity before offering it to others (alpaca silk turtlenecks, tunics, linen ribbed sweater, buttonless cardigan, etc...) so we thought this was what was happening here.

As confused as you... so NOT an exclusive, but the style is still dope. Grab from other shops at discount if you can, of course. Fair is fair.
Any chance you are going to stock this graphite color?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In for the relaxed jacket in mackerel. TTS the way to go?
Yes, if you want to emulate Kenshawn's fit (he wears 50R in tailoring and Medium on the fit pics). The Inis Meain model is smaller (probably a Eu 48) and is wearing Medium on the lookbook pic (which is more oversized)
I'll still be preordering one of the relaxed jackets, as ensuring size and selecting my preferred color is invaluable (or at least has real value). On that note, is there any chance the easy cardigan can be done up in skate?
No because it's a different yarn type (unwashed linen) which is not used for sweaters, only the jackets
Do you plan to carry the Relaxed Jacket in Skate?
Yes
This is such a difficult choice. For tunics, what do you guys usually wear underneath? I really like the small neck-hole on the crewneck as it hides the undershirt, so I'm curious to see what people wear. Collared shirts? Nothing at all?
You can wear a wider neck tee (scoop neck) or nothing at all. I also don't think a white tee is horrible when it shows. I would not really wear collared shir
Any chance you are going to stock this graphite color?
I believe he is wearing the unwashed linen Seal color in that photo, not Grafite. Not sure yet if we will carry more than one color of the relaxed jacket

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This can't be another Vass situation... right? ?
No I don't think so - either miscommunication or the information we received was from someone there who wasn't aware that the style had been done with one button before

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Navan is deep navy

Pb924

Reaction score
In for Mist crewneck, but the Thrift tunic is calling my name now too...

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

and CYpress?
Cypress is the dark green we often use for the linen henley

20180307070.jpg 20180307072.jpg 20180307073.jpg 20180307074.jpg

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score
Not to detract from the IM feeding frenzy, but can some of you guys school me on easy pants, specifically limits of formality? I had an outdoor work event recently and wore a pair of the rota medium weight cotton/linen mix trousers. The Rotas performed admirably and fit well but were over matched in the heat and humidity.

Never heard of easy pants outside of that special pair some people used to have for the buffet line (*RIP). Depending on the material and cut can you wear them as business casual with button down shirts & derbys / suede boots / loafers or are they always a casual non-work / vacation option?

I'm looking for a chino / dress sub for those super hot days and / or a dress trouser that looks sharp but both airy and opaque. Are easy pants the secret to dress pants nirvana, or are these just elastic casual pants and I should just stick with fresco wools, linen mixese, crispaire etc?

If anyone of you NMWA vets want to help me with some specific pieces i'm considering I'd welcome a DM. Thanks everyone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads