• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Preordered the grizz in brown, but if i didn't already have the Eidos/Vanson I'd for sure get the black. That said, the brown is really cool, it's the first one I've ever seen that can be styled outside of workwear.

Exactly. Being able to style it outside of workwear is great. Usually Grizzly jackets seem to repro for me.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1422651
Read this last night. Very well done! Thanks for including it in my recent order.
Would love some feedback. What did you (and others here) like the most? We try to mix things up a little.
Exactly. Being able to style it outside of workwear is great. Usually Grizzly jackets seem to repro for me.

I agree with @smittycl, the guide is very well done.

What I like about it is that it assumes a certain level of men’s clothing knowledge of its readers. Also the perfect (to me) amount of pictures, not too many, just enough to get your point across.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would love some feedback. What did you (and others here) like the most? We try to mix things up a little.

In honor of the passing of the great Ennio Morricone.

The Good:
- Really liked the photography. Professional shots that helped convey the intent of the articles
- Agree with @hpreston that some menswear knowledge was assumed but a novice could benefit as well
- Good focus on fit throughout
- Neat Lessons Learned from @Newcomer who I assume is your best customer? (Curious if the pics are really him as I always pictured the guy in an ICU hooked up to various machines after he sold all his organs off to buy clothes...) ;)
- Great shoe articles especially @patrickBOOTH 's piece. Will try the vinegar trick this winter (if we ever get an actual winter here in DC anymore)

The Bad:
- one negative point is that some of the diagrams showed fits that were incorrect. Lazy readers may not get to the text that explains how the pic was actually what NOT to do. Showing right and wrong together is ideal but takes up space. Recommend defaulting to only the correct fit diagrams if space is an issue. (I noticed that was @dieworkwear 's piece and in no way mean any insult. In fact, I'll admit I was a complete dick the last time I was active in the Drake's thread but that's another story. :blush: (was that too High School yearbook-y?)
- negative cool points for showing a pic of that smashing Schneider cream with crazy blue/brown plaid overcoat. Just rubbing it in as I missed it and should have pounced when I had the chance...

The Ugly
Nah, all good here. I'm taking my copy to work to try and influence some of the younger dudes to dress better. Maybe, once some time has passed, post as a PDF on your website?

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Il Micio belt came in... it's super cool. I got a size S, which keeps a pretty trim and neat "overhang" part of the belt (just past the first loop), but I'm wondering if the Medium might be a better look.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The boho links do stretch a little bit over time

Idontkmow

Reaction score
In honor of the passing of the great Ennio Morricone.

The Good:
- Really liked the photography. Professional shots that helped convey the intent of the articles
- Agree with @hpreston that some menswear knowledge was assumed but a novice could benefit as well
- Good focus on fit throughout
- Neat Lessons Learned from @Newcomer who I assume is your best customer? (Curious if the pics are really him as I always pictured the guy in an ICU hooked up to various machines after he sold all his organs off to buy clothes...) ;)
- Great shoe articles especially @patrickBOOTH 's piece. Will try the vinegar trick this winter (if we ever get an actual winter here in DC anymore)

The Bad:
- one negative point is that some of the diagrams showed fits that were incorrect. Lazy readers may not get to the text that explains how the pic was actually what NOT to do. Showing right and wrong together is ideal but takes up space. Recommend defaulting to only the correct fit diagrams if space is an issue. (I noticed that was @dieworkwear 's piece and in no way mean any insult. In fact, I'll admit I was a complete dick the last time I was active in the Drake's thread but that's another story. :blush: (was that too High School yearbook-y?)
- negative cool points for showing a pic of that smashing Schneider cream with crazy blue/brown plaid overcoat. Just rubbing it in as I missed it and should have pounced when I had the chance...

The Ugly
Nah, all good here. I'm taking my copy to work to try and influence some of the younger dudes to dress better. Maybe, once some time has passed, post as a PDF on your website?

n2pua

Reaction score
guide = fantastic.

gabagool t-shirt =
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics