• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are y’all ordering any for the store?

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve never seen this jacket before but the leather on that brown sleeve cuff looks yummy

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I want this I’m concerned with the heating capabilities. I run pretty warm and I’m worried this will roast me in the SF Bay Area.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as I want this I’m concerned with the heating capabilities. I run pretty warm and I’m worried this will roast me in the SF Bay Area.

Now is not the time for logic.

I’ve been wanting a grizzly jacket for years. This is easily the best I have ever seen, by a very considerable measure.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now is not the time for logic.

I’ve been wanting a grizzly jacket for years. This is easily the best I have ever seen, by a very considerable measure.

Fuuuuhhh that might be all the convincing I need.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have a shearling jacket and live in the Bay Area. I was initially worried about whether our weather is too warm for this type of jacket, but have found it's fine so long as the weather is below 65 or so. That basically puts it to late fall and winter. Especially suitable for evenings.

tailoredtech

Reaction score
Also from SF, that was what stopped me from getting the Grose RAF from last season. I'd have to carry it to work most days or I'd be in a puddle of sweat on my walk to work.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dieworkwear @tailoredtech I was hoping you guys would have some insight!

I’m in the east bay but work in the city so it may actually work out. Where I am, in the dead of winter it can get into the 40’s-50’s early morning and evening.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is one awesome coat. I used to live in the east bay. I could see that jacket working for a little bit of the winter, at least when it’s not raining. But I also think for me I’d be sweating a ton if walking any distance.

tailoredtech

Reaction score
@dieworkwear @tailoredtech I was hoping you guys would have some insight!

I’m in the east bay but work in the city so it may actually work out. Where I am, in the dead of winter it can get into the 40’s-50’s early morning and evening.
Sounds like it'll work for you. Might as well put in that pre-order.

I live & work in the city so the walks to work were usually pretty warm (even Nov-Feb) with coats but evenings would work well. Definitely would get something like that for evening wear and going outside, especially near the coast as that wind hits hard. I think I tried the Grose shearling "Lunch" jacket and it felt pretty good for the evenings.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 did it! After four years of requests in this thread, over email, and Instagram, we’re able to reissue the legendary Naissance Grizzly jacket in both the original brown as well as new black colorways.

A personal favorite of mine, I can confidently say it is in my all-time top three favorite items from the store (and life). It’s a really, really cool alternative to a shearling or other waist-length fall/winter coat, and they nailed all of the details. The lambskin body and shearling mean it’s really soft, with a totally different feel to the heavy and stiff grizzly jackets you typically see, but the blanket lining (and shearling body, and wool knit inner cuffs) make it genuinely warm when you zip it up. The lack of waist belt gives it a cleaner look, opting for some adjustable side buckles instead.

View attachment 1420018

It’s good for hiking in Arizona in January.

View attachment 1420015

It’s good for chilling in Brooklyn.

View attachment 1420022

It’s good for eating an overflowing MEGAYAKI at a New Year’s street fair.

View attachment 1420017

And everything in between.

Naissance quoted us four months for production and delivery with an ETA of November, which is when it will start getting properly cold for most of us. We’ll be wrapping up the pre-orders pretty quickly because of this, closing them at the end of the week. Be sure to use PREORDER15 for your pre-order discount, and post up your pics if you have them!

For sizing, I recommend ordering your typical Japanese brand size, or one size up from your typical US size. My grizzly is a Medium and is spot on.

View attachment 1420019 View attachment 1420020 View attachment 1420021

You can pre-order a reissue of the original brown one here.

View attachment 1420016 View attachment 1420023

You can pre-order the all-new black version here. Please note these photos are renderings and @g transistor and @troika 's best approximations of what it will look like. There are some details we don’t know about – zipper color and lining color most notably, but I trust they’ll do a good job.

Yeeeeeeeeeessss this **** is mega.

for sizing, i am a pretty solid US M and took my normal Japanese size of L and the fit is great, like literally perfect. it's close fitting so no chunky sweater for me but t's, button downs, and light sweaters work great.

this is hands down my favorite buy from no man. gets complimented any time i've worn it out. i'm excited for more members to the Grizzly Club.

i run generally pretty warm as well, as long as you wear this open, say with a t shirt or light sweater, you can manage a 50 degree day it in and not melt. i've worn my mid fall through early spring in the NYC area. but **** is incredibly warm if it needs to be.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is veering dangerously towards sneaker head territory where I buy something just because I want it and end up periodically taking it out of the box just to admire it but never actually wear it.

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeeeeeeeeeessss this **** is mega.

for sizing, i am a pretty solid US M and took my normal Japanese size of L and the fit is great, like literally perfect. it's close fitting so no chunky sweater for me but t's, button downs, and light sweaters work great.

this is hands down my favorite buy from no man. gets complimented any time i've worn it out. i'm excited for more members to the Grizzly Club.

i run generally pretty warm as well, as long as you wear this open, say with a t shirt or light sweater, you can manage a 50 degree day it in and not melt. i've worn my mid fall through early spring in the NYC area. but **** is incredibly warm if it needs to be.
What’s ur height and weight pal?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads