• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

vida

Reaction score
Wow! What blistering responses I have received...
Okay...
Whatever.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No squares this time. Do people still buy pocket squares? We stock maybe 1/10th of the stock of pocket squares we sold 5 years ago, and still can't seem to sell more than 20% of them throughout the season. That category is even more dead than neckties for us

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No squares this time. Do people still buy pocket squares? We stock maybe 1/10th of the stock of pocket squares we sold 5 years ago, and still can't seem to sell more than 20% of them throughout the season. That category is even more dead than neckties for us
I have a drawer full of which I wear one, the white linen in a TV fold. Best I can do.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember when the new Drakes squares arrivals were selling faster than an 18 East drop. Now, we have to give them away (discount them and ship them for free) to clear the stock.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love a re-release of previous city scapes or new ones in the linen blend they used the first go around. Perfect material for a square. Would cop a bunch since I missed the first time around.
Same. I have most of CK's squares, and rate them amongst my favorite. The all linen one (I'll scrounge up a pic or wear tomorrow) is just a delight.
Ah, bummer. I can't speak to others, but I still wear (and love) my CK squares, most of which I got via NMWA. Unsure of what the quantities required would entail to make it worth NMWA's time, but if you could persuade Christian to either re-release some of his older designs, or better yet, come up with some newbies, I would happily commit to buying at least a handful.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Heard from Tony that he finally got a shipment of that green cotton seersucker in from Japan after some shipping delays. Any interest in a mid-season restock of the shirt jacket we did it in? I'm thinking about asking him to use it for that ?

View attachment 1415737 View attachment 1415738 View attachment 1415739
Since it sounded like there was enough interest, I figure it's more fair to go the pre-order route and set up a quick item page here. Confirmed with Tony a few minutes ago that he can make 5, so that's what it's limited to.

Last call for Tony green seersucker shacket - we've got a couple left and he'll start cutting and sewing them this week

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My inventory of squares is perilously close to 60, so I am about at my load bearing limit. I bought a wool-silk Drake's square at their outpost in Seoul last fall - I think that is the only square I have bought in the last 9-12 months.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My inventory of squares is perilously close to 60, so I am about at my load bearing limit. I bought a wool-silk Drake's square at their outpost in Seoul last fall - I think that is the only square I have bought in the last 9-12 months.

Similar here, plenty of squares in a variety of cloths and colorways for S/S and F/W, if I do purchase, it is rare. I still wear them regularly (well, did before Covid)

nycs10011

Reaction score
I have too many squares as it is and find myself wearing both a square and tie less and less still I always manage to add a one or two a season.

Oldsrocket27

Reaction score
The trick to justifying both lots of squares and lots of outerwear is to wear a separate square in both your suit coat and your overcoat, each carefully chosen/purchased to complement the outfit in each form.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
My wife reclaimed my Portuguese flannel Cat Town shirt after it accidentally got washed hot and tumble-dried hot, shrinking a good two sizes ? .The texture is great, though. I think they should remake this one with preshrunk fabric.

cattown.jpg

Not pictured is me, in old Naissance banksia floral jacket and matching shorts, with IKIJI white tee.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not for nothing, Ikire Jones pocket squares are the bees knees. Can totally see these selling at NMWA but what do I know.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
My wife reclaimed my Portuguese flannel Cat Town shirt after it accidentally got washed hot and tumble-dried hot, shrinking a good two sizes ? .The texture is great, though. I think they should remake this one with preshrunk fabric.

View attachment 1419434

Not pictured is me, in old Naissance banksia floral jacket and matching shorts, with IKIJI white tee.
Little man getting less little. ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads