• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

John Grady Cole

Reaction score
You can have your tailor tighten the cuffs by moving the button. I’ve found this doesn’t work as well if you have thin wrists, fwiw.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The suede jackets here are pretty awesome I have to say. Fit pics are superb.

jimney

Reaction score
Any chance there will be Heschung Thuya preorders again this year? I foolishly waited until my size was out last time.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It shirt jackets are like the new odd jacket. Does anyone here say “I have too many suits, too many jackets”??

I have solutions.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
question re: G. Inglese, measurements all look very compatible for me other than sleeve length, which is way too long.

For others who have a similar problem, do you just let your local tailor shorten the sleeves? Normally I'd be cool with that but wouldn't it defeat the purpose of having the handset sleeves? Thanks

I did at first and was disappointed. Now when ordering OTR I just have the cuff button relocated so it’s stops at the midpoint of my thumb joint.

For more staple shirts the MTO option was well worth the extra effort & funds.

c0ldfusion

Reaction score
I did at first and was disappointed. Now when ordering OTR I just have the cuff button relocated so it’s stops at the midpoint of my thumb joint.

For more staple shirts the MTO option was well worth the extra effort & funds.

Thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy!

On your second sentence - just to be clear, pre-order is MTO right? i.e. we cannot change any of the stock dimensions?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy!

On your second sentence - just to be clear, pre-order is MTO right? i.e. we cannot change any of the stock dimensions?

No. MTO is separate from the preorders. You can customize the fabric, fit, and finishes to your liking. IMO, that is a process best executed in-person by scheduling with Greg & team in advance. (I realize that’s an unrealistic proposal for most.)

Preorders are stock sizing only.

Gus_McCrae

Reaction score
In the final hours I pulled the trigger on these...
View attachment 1343005

I thought the price point was good. I wear my brown chinos a bunch, and figure this is a pure upgrade with a more formal bend, which I need.
Plus... I wish I was in on that dang gum cardigan.

would you guys finish these with a cuff? I feel like pants maybe too casual for that. But I trust your judgement.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would you guys finish these with a cuff? I feel like pants maybe too casual for that. But I trust your judgement.
I wouldn’t. I only like a cuff on heavier materials and something I see wearing a boot with.

mockingboy

Reaction score
Hey guys - preorders look great

Valstar Question:

Would I wear the same size in the Shearling and Zip Jacket in pre-orders as I do for the Valstarino? Also, which color is shown on the Shearling in the example?

Thanks!
Mike

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - preorders look great

Valstar Question:

Would I wear the same size in the Shearling and Zip Jacket in pre-orders as I do for the Valstarino? Also, which color is shown on the Shearling in the example?

Thanks!
Mike
Hi Mike - which of the shearlings? I find that Valstarino fits slimmer than the other styles and I've seen many people size up from their IT size for Valstarino. I don't believe that sizing up is needed for the shearling flight jacket or peacoat - they seemed regularly sized for their IT size tag. The zip jacket is essentially a zipped Valstarino and you should expect it to fit the same.

mockingboy

Reaction score
Thanks Greg

I wear a 56 in the Valstarino; I am looking at the Flight Jacket and trying to figure out 54 or 56?

Also, which color is the model wearing?

Thanks!

Hi Mike - which of the shearlings? I find that Valstarino fits slimmer than the other styles and I've seen many people size up from their IT size for Valstarino. I don't believe that sizing up is needed for the shearling flight jacket or peacoat - they seemed regularly sized for their IT size tag. The zip jacket is essentially a zipped Valstarino and you should expect it to fit the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads