• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You talking about the giubbotino? Thinking about the linen herringbone for that, too. Way too many shackets in my closet though haha.
I’m upping my casual wear game a little and I think I’ll get lots of use out of the linen Giubbotino. Have a wool shacket from PWVC that arrived today. Can’t wait to get home and check it out.

I had an awesome suede bomber from Zegna but I just never wore it. Gave it to my son. Discovered I’m just not into suede/leather jackets I guess.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You talking about the giubbotino? Thinking about the linen herringbone for that, too. Way too many shackets in my closet though haha.
I’m upping my casual wear game a little and I think I’ll get lots of use out of the linen Giubbotino. Have a wool shacket from PWVC that arrived today. Can’t wait to get home and check it out.

I had an awesome suede bomber from Zegna but I just never wore it. Gave it to my son. Discovered I’m just not into suede/leather jackets I guess.
No interest in the corduroy?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No interest in the corduroy?
I really don’t like corduroy for some reason. Maybe it’s because I wore a lot of it as a little kid in the 70s? I have a great pair of Rota corduroy pants but have worn them sparingly so far..

Anyway, want the linen as I love color and pattern of the brown check and it shouldn’t be too heavy.

The last three years here in DC have not been that cold at all. Current winter is a nothingburger.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is interested in the linen jacket? It’s very similar to one I wanted at Drake’s but didn’t want to pay their price.

Lots of suede fans here I guess!

I really like the look of the Giubbottino but I (like @LeBeef) have too many shirt jackets already. Suede Valstarino for me next FW

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It shirt jackets are like the new odd jacket. Does anyone here say “I have too many suits, too many jackets”??

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It shirt jackets are like the new odd jacket. Does anyone here say “I have too many suits, too many jackets”??

Just speaking for myself, I wear either a suit, or sport coat/trousers, Monday through Friday, the only time I wear a shirt jacket is on weekends/holidays. So the several I already have is plenty, perhaps too many.

There is also the weather factor, for me, a shirt jacket has a very narrow temp range, if it is too cold, a shirt jacket is not enough, if it is too hot, I’ll wear just a shirt, with no second layer.

If I could wear a shirt jacket in place of a sport coat, it would be a different situation, and yes, then I would likely add a few more to the closet.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too. Am no longer looking at suits. Have a closet full and need some to wear out before I get any more. Only have one shacket so far, though.

notmandatory

Reaction score
Wore my Clint today

p-Bgj9Fw4vVYOuRXY-Sz2v0FP98PEdEHLq1nC_e4Wtc2tdPREHEuHmeHkqHsHs_ToBeptoaztgGKz9GX-01DtdxKzpaE0z6X3bJqK5epIVipRA8isS9gsnQaBssr2P0yv59gxYSmnr6Iui0pEstTnZSHHyM7F_mYVdq5natxBMQEL5xOl-tIpKTRiNfPOtIp5uktaTj67-Tg7a72qZ_mMbrtInPlq6OJ5Jxk7wAp0UAm4MqTQ2LTkA1TX8Vr1h2WnwkqtFNpD0R8NhcKJXe7rvWvR_iYtv7vQOycAXSBfpxClfNqlMihRe-tvK7m5uO2-gkZiVkGnwQ18As-Q1_RxCj8uXF2pSAVre95ooR8VCsrxWdE2jdSh9wyfUg6v5OdAkoIMt8jform8k2F6EWJbdQBS208iQjk_1XYGl5CvTJWw2eeC58PzGxSQ0Nms0dCRlgD6w_-Bi_Og7Q6sEpHWFtPlYz9gI1fCv6uWGCtNNYmttgX7qXJBgEagrxfPhHpQXddLR76HWPv-1XV1H-WC8Wls8COJfFT6OE_PLjxMqIFsXrbtxgRYYj-FpO28jNhXronWc4tj_kvNJSE9jDhvjHSAgMaqBppXhiowMcZX5_fx8PFbeeYWfRGzBKvkBP3DEPjGqz3LH8k-Jk3WDrtQwn6DaRMWZpPpmgdRs5_9sCDmX0oZnCfGQ=w703-h937-no

c0ldfusion

Reaction score
question re: G. Inglese, measurements all look very compatible for me other than sleeve length, which is way too long.

For others who have a similar problem, do you just let your local tailor shorten the sleeves? Normally I'd be cool with that but wouldn't it defeat the purpose of having the handset sleeves? Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads