• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got this in and it’s pretty awesome. Very roomy in the body even though I sized down one. Need to save up for some ss20 byborre :bigstar:

77A02CD3-C33B-467B-ADEC-241DE905BD68.jpeg

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
NORWEGIAN RAIN PRE-ORDERS

At long last, we're happy to put up our Norwegian Rain pre-orders, and this is a special one because they have opened up their fabric archives just for us. What this means is an abundance of choices, with some of them extremely limited. Because of this, there is a video where Greg flips through the swatches, and you can see the face of the swatch at the top, and then the name on the white sticker once he flips it over.

We're of course offering everyone's favorite Moscow, Bumfreezer (also a NMWA exclusive now) and Single Breasted, but I'm going to start with two new styles.

If you want to get right to it, all of the pre-orders are here but I will walk through them below and in the next few posts.

The first is called the Nesta Falck, and is a really cool design that is a lot more casual than what we typically see from them. It's got these great patch pockets on the front and has a fixed hood that actually rolls up into the collar when you want to put it away. Overall, just a nice casual design that isn't too long or too short. Weight-wise it's comparable to the single breasted, and does not have the quilted arctic lining.

For sizing reference, in these photographs I'm wearing a size M and I am typically a US Small, although I wear an M in the Single Breasted and Bumfreezer.

1582239777766.png

Seen here in black oversized herringbone

1582239916598.png

Seen here in green hopsack

1582240015612.png

Seen here on Greg (still size M, which is a size small for him) in their new camo hopsack.

Nesta Falck in mixed fabrics

Nesta Falck in hopsack fabrics

Nesta Falck in herringbone fabrics

The next new style is really, really special. I'm calling it a proof of concept gone right but I think that's doing them a disservice as a lot of thought and design went into it, but the best way I can describe it is as a waterproof leather Bumfreezer. It's called the Aviator Hybrid and is made up in a specially bonded leather from their partnership with ECCO. It has a very unique, almost waxy hand to it but it lends itself really well to that Bumfreezer design, and looks perfect with the shearling collar. This one is warm like the Bumfreezer too, with the wool fiber fill lining and removable hood and everything.

When Greg told me about this one I wasn't sure what to think, but as soon as I saw it in the showroom and then tried it on I realized they had come up with something very cool even if my expression in these photos belies that.

1582240456420.png

Seen here on me in a size M, which is what I wear in the Bumfreezer and what I would want in this.

It's also offered in a black version of this leather, but I don't have photos of it so we will have to use our imagination.

Pre-order here.

Now we can move onto the classics.

First off is the Moscow, the monster of a coat that has gotten me through a lot of those miserable days where the temperature is in the teens but you still have to be out and about. I think we all have a Moscow story like that, and this thread is full of pictures of them covered in snow as well. Just a great design that manages to look good with everything and keep you warm while doing it.

Sizing is true to size, and I wear a small in this one.

1582240989831.png

Moscow in mixed fabrics

Moscow in hopsack fabrics

Moscow in herringbone fabrics

The other winter-weight coat is the Bumfreezer, which for a few seasons now has been a No Man exclusive. Named so because it cuts off at the waist but is plenty warm above, it's a good looking coat that I think makes great use of the way Norwegian Rains fabrics don't look like technical fabrics. Made up in just about anything, it looks more like a handsome shearling trimmed bomber jacket than something that can hold up to the elements as well as it does.

Sizing is slim and small, and I recommend ordering one larger than your typical US size.

1582241230607.png

Bumfreezer in mixed fabrics

Bumfreezer in hopsack fabrics

Bumfreezer in herringbone fabrics

Lastly, we have the coat that started our love for Norwegian Rain - the Single Breasted. Tailored but technical, it's a sharp coat that is incredibly well thought out from top to bottom. This looks just as good with jeans and a sweatshirt as it does over a flannel suit, and we've stocked it and restocked it every season for a reason.

This one fits slim and small, and I recommend ordering one size larger than your typical size for a regular slim fit, but it's also safe to go up two if you plan to wear it over a lot of layers or tailored clothing. Because of the design, it will still look sharp and tailored even sized up two.

1582241515197.png

Single Breasted in mixed fabrics

Single Breasted in hopsack fabrics

Single Breasted in herringbone fabrics

As usual, these are pre-orders for delivery in September-October 2020, with 50% due now and 50% due upon receipt in the fall. Be sure to use code PREORDER15 for your pre-order discount!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the new boxy fit

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just wanted to say you run linux, didn't you

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those NR coats and jackets almost make we wish I lived in a place with a lot of cold and inclement weather. Almost. After enduring five days in the Boston area over the Christmas holiday, I have decided I never want to live north of Maryland.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't get cold and wet in DC?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our winter has been unseasonably warm (no polar vortex) with not a hint of snow. :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads