• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been buying one item here and there.
Just got the byborre black pant (same ones you got)
And the Merz B meteor blue sweatshirt.
Come to think of it, you have that too. You’re subliminally influencing my purchases apparently.

Ha, I've been noticing that you and I have substantial cross-over among our purchases!

Nothing wrong with that :fist bump:

Get the medium. L will be oversized and not in a good way. What you need it for? I don’t usually bust it out until weather hits 35ish or below. Wonderfully warm coat that gets a ton of wear in Chicago winter, but it is heavy.

I have been, and will continue to, travel for work - I've got two weeks to PA coming up and, in addition to that, about 10 days of skiing. Also, may be in New Jersey for nearly a month :\.

I'm digging the KS expedition parka but in my limited experience, it did not fare very well in rain. I sold my bumfreezer, and the Moscow has also spoke to me.

Looks great - what size did you go for? Like the jeans/trousers too - what are they?

This is a size 44. And the trousers are Doppiaa - long since sold out, unfortunately!

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've thrown mine in a mesh laundry bag on delicate, laid out on a sweater rack to dry. no issues, no shrinkage beyond original measurements (my linen stretches with wear so i found washing reverts it back to it's original measurements)

edit to add: this is for a linen tunic

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, I've been noticing that you and I have substantial cross-over among our purchases!

Nothing wrong with that :fist bump:

I have been, and will continue to, travel for work - I've got two weeks to PA coming up and, in addition to that, about 10 days of skiing. Also, may be in New Jersey for nearly a month :\.

I'm digging the KS expedition parka but in my limited experience, it did not fare very well in rain. I sold my bumfreezer, and the Moscow has also spoke to me.

This is a size 44. And the trousers are Doppiaa - long since sold out, unfortunately!
Interesting - I’m usually a small or medium and was eyeing off the size 40 - perhaps 42 would be a better option?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, this is apparently knitwear sizing. And Greg said if you are a 40 go for a 44. I just went based on that!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea those are not chest sizes, they're supposed to be the actual measure of the garment's chest.

jlchau

Reaction score
if you have washed your Inis Meain linen sweaters at home, were you happy with the result (in terms of shrinkage etc.) and what was the process you followed?
i've thrown mine in a mesh laundry bag on delicate, laid out on a sweater rack to dry. no issues, no shrinkage beyond original measurements (my linen stretches with wear so i found washing reverts it back to it's original measurements)

edit to add: this is for a linen tunic
I've done what kjb has with both of my linen tunics and it's fine. I did however, purchase one of my tunic's second hand which was a bit stretched out. I tried hand washing it and then tried to bunch/block the knitting back to where the stretching was and let it dry that way. Had some minor success, but it eventually stretched back out again with minimal wear so I haven't repeated that process and just have come to terms with that particular tunic being slouchier than the one i purchased new.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Be sure to look at the virtusize #s, but the Clubman is close fitting jacket. I am a 39/40 and my 42 Club is fairly snug (which is how I believe it is meant to fit). I'm guessing 44 or even 46 depending how much room you prefer.

* Answering Gus_McCrae

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kaptain Sunshine Drizzler
Inis Meain linen sweater
Masterpiece backpack
Kaptain Sunshine corduroys (not seen)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice color beanie too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads