• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

goalaso

Reaction score
For the few of us that pre ordered the Wythe Bal coats, looks like those are not on this delivery? Any updates on those? I know a few pages back there was some musings that the brown herringbones might be delayed? I'd still wait to pick mine up if they're still a go for this year. Thanks!
Ditto on this- not because i preordered (I wish I had), but because I want to know when the overcoats from Wythe come in!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We want to know too !

we’ll always give answers and update when we have them. Sometimes, we don’t.

gnu

Reaction score
We want to know too !

we’ll always give answers and update when we have them. Sometimes, we don’t.

No worries. Thanks. I'll be looking forward to it if they show up.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
01DF8D46-1783-4E46-8B6E-1C76B4E39970.jpeg 0BA20BEC-A595-47C4-8D0C-BDE4246F65D4.jpeg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not a shirt

5FB3D5CA-0515-4C7C-8411-1106C574B946.jpeg
02122447-9911-4464-8536-DBDD4A8E1365.jpeg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s basically a tweed jacket. It’s jacketing weight and fully lined.

Iskander

Reaction score
The new Kanata stuff is beautiful. I love the blue color block knit.
Any DBF easy pants this year, Greg?

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

Greg gave us this teaser of ts(s) but there are lots more goodies to mention.

Might as well start with that quilted pullover he has on, which is a super high res digital print. Beautiful stuff, but I wouldn't expect any less from ts(s) on something like this. One other detail to mention is the shoulder zipper which both gives the collar a cool structure or can be partially unzipped to get it on easier if you're just feeling ambitious.

tss_fall_winter_2022_FW22_quilted_zip_shoulder_pullover_jacket (9).jpg tss_fall_winter_2022_FW22_quilted_zip_shoulder_pullover_jacket (2).jpg

The other piece of outerwear is this trench in a lovely cotton/poly gabardine with corduroy collar

tss_fall_winter_2022_FW22_double_breasted_raglan_coat_olive_gabardine (12).jpg

For jackets we had to get this seasons coverall. The fabric is a heavily overdyed hickory stripe, but as always there is more than meets the eye. It has a little stretch for a lot more comfort than you'd expect from this workwear-inspired style, but more interesting is the rear face of the fabric is like a fleece or terry and makes the whole thing extra soft. You can sort of see what I mean in the second pic.

tss_fall_winter_2022_FW22_coverall_jacket_garment_dyed_cotton_stretch (10).jpg tss_fall_winter_2022_FW22_coverall_jacket_garment_dyed_cotton_stretch (7).jpg

Had to complete the set with the fatigue pants, naturally. I don't need to tell you that both are equally good on their own, though.

tss_fall_winter_2022_FW22_garment_dyed_striped_cotton_stretch_fatique_pants (10).jpg tss_fall_winter_2022_FW22_garment_dyed_striped_cotton_stretch_fatique_pants (5).jpg

Speaking of trousers, we brought back the L pocket in a new washable wool flannel, which is pretty appealing all around. I see these are really good everyday trousers the same way I would wear something like this from Kaptain Sunshine (chunky knit, big coat, Heschungs or boots) but with much lower stakes and maintenance given the washability of them. It's appreciated.

tss_fall_winter_2022_FW22_washable_wool_l_pocket_trousers (7).jpg

We cant talk about low maintenance without talking about their washable milled wool jersey turtlenecks. Every fall we rave about them and every fall I break mine out and get it ready to put through its paces again. Bulletproof stuff - I wear mine hard, toss it in a delicate cycle and hang it to dry inside out on a No Man hanger. It's as good as it was five years ago as far as I can tell. Three colors for easy pairing:

tss_fall_winter_2022_FW22_charcoal_grey_washable_wool_jersey_turtleneck_rollneck (2).jpg tss_fall_winter_2022_FW22_brown_washable_wool_jersey_rollneck_turtleneck (4).jpg tss_fall_winter_2022_FW22_navy_blue_washable_wool_jersey_turtleneck_rollneck (1).jpg

Some more jersey this season as well, and outrageously soft in a different way. It's another high res print, but herringbone to sort of riff on the classic grey melange sweats. It's surprisingly effective and unique without being even remotely corny.

tss_japan_fall_winter_2022_FW22_high_neck_sweat_brushed_back_herringbone_jersey (6).jpg tss_japan_fall_winter_2022_FW22_cuffed_sweatpants_brushed_back_herringbone_jersey (4).jpg

For more loungey stuff, we grabbed the easy cardigan which has been reimagined as a quilted jacquard instead of a knit, so it wears totally different. Alongside the sweats above, this one really stuck out to me in the CozyWear rack in the showroom.

tss_japan_fall_winter_2022_FW22_easy_cardigan_navy_blue_quilted_polyester_jacquard (6).jpg

One knit this season, and it's a special one. hand-dyed yarns, mega melange. All brought together in a sweater that is much more attractive in person than this description would imply. They had this laid out on a bench front and center when showing the collection, and I could immediately understand why. It's plush, it's unique, and it has a real presence.

tss_japan_fall_winter_2022_FW22_crewneck_sweater_hand_dyed_mixed_yarn (6).jpg tss_japan_fall_winter_2022_FW22_crewneck_sweater_hand_dyed_mixed_yarn (4).jpg

Lastly, one shirt using one of their muted florals. James May's shirt this is not. The tone, scale, and colors are a lot more sophisticated than we often see, and it reminds me of some stuff that Dries was doing in the past. BD collar to keep it grounded.

tss_fall_winter_2022_FW22_flower_print_button_down_shirt_olive_cotton (5).jpg

Attachments

• tss FW22 - 1.jpg
    tss FW22 - 1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 47

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lastly, one shirt using one of their muted florals. James May's shirt this is not. The tone, scale, and colors are a lot more sophisticated than we often see, and it reminds me of some stuff that Dries was doing in the past. BD collar to keep it grounded.

View attachment 1843622
Had my eye on this. The tss site calls this a "baggy fit shirt" so is there any weird sizing?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That shirt is not baggy 🤷‍♂️

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Had my eye on this. The tss site calls this a "baggy fit shirt" so is there any weird sizing?
There’s two versions that are very similar and have the same floral pattern options:

B.D. Shirt - classic Oxford type fit, button down collar
Baggy Fit Shirt - wide fit, spread collar

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orvibitpers1985