• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7BB5C5E4-6D75-4785-8C77-9DB022858BAB.jpeg

sublime hat - fujito jacket - lej pants

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think this ever got answered but I apologize if I missed it. Do we have an ETA on the Valstar preorders?
There’s no clear answer as it depends on styles. First delivery is already on its way to us with about 1/2 of our fw22 order. That includes a bunch of preorders

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
I feel like Lovat needs no introduction to a lot of SF posters, but they're an OG mill in Hawick, land of tweeds, fine cashmere, and other lovely heritage textiles. With a few minor one-offs it's been a while since we've done something like this for the home, but we really love the way their blankets, throws, and scarves make up. They have an eye not just for textiles but also for colors and designs, having done this so long. You'll see what I mean.

Just in time for Autumn picnicking, leaf peeping, and vineyard hopping are a series of their lambswool picnic blankets, all with a lovely leather carrying strap that makes them look just as good when they're tidied away. These are all backed with waxed cotton for spreading out in the grass, and in my eyes are a really nice gift, especially to ask for for yourself 😅

20220930001.jpg Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_hugging_Picnic_Blanket_With_Leather_Strap_stag_red_wool_waxe...jpg 20220930019.jpg 20220930023.jpg

For indoor throws and blankets we also have a few options. They're are a couple of different sizes depending on material and style so definitely check the product page for details on that.

First up is one that is really special and the sort of thing we liked to geek out about - a throw made from natural undyed shetland wools. And don't worry, it's not scratchy.

Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_balta_natural_shetland_wool_throw (1).jpg

On the other side of things, we have this merino option in a very pleasant plaid, which also serves nicely as a base to stack the rest of your Lovat throws.

Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_pastel_plaid_merino_wool_throw_blanket (2).jpg Lovat FW22 - 1.jpg

Back to lambswool, we have a few more special ones. The Coorie Doon below is made up of really chunky yarns, giving it a hand unlike any of the others.

Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_Coorie_Doon_nairn_checked_lambswool_throw_blanket (2).jpg
Lovat FW22 - 2.jpg

Further increasing the coziness, this next one was washed with a lavender scent, making it even softer and with that naturally relaxing smell. Nice.

Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_lavender_scented_throw_blanket (3).jpg

Two more lambswool options that they call bed throws as they're woven with a little extra length and in microchecks that add a nice accent when draped across. Two No Man favorites here with rust and ochre (what else!)

Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_bed_throw_lambswool_rust (4).jpg Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_bed_throw_lambswool_ochre (4).jpg

That combination of three words that makes magic in textiles - wool, silk, linen - makes its way into our next throw, and it's not just a great mix of yarns - the "russet leaf" colorway is spot on for the season.

Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_wool_silk_linen_russet_leaf_brown_throw_blanket (4).jpg

And now onto the cashmere. That soft, supple cashmere. One throw in a misty plaid, and a few more scarves for good measure:

Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_cashmere_throw_misty_plaid (1).jpg

Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_herringbone_cashmere_scarf_timeless_grey (4).jpg Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_herringbone_cashmere_scarf_calm_blue (5).jpg Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_herringbone_cashmere_scarf_excite_burgundy_grey (3).jpg Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_herringbone_cashmere_scarf_elegance_taupe_beige (5).jpg Lovat_Mills_Fall_Winter_2022_FW22_herringbone_cashmere_scarf_ale_plaid (4).jpg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely nabbing a couple of the picnic blankets for holiday gifting. The waxed underside is a nice touch and the leather holder is 😙👌

Iskander

Reaction score
Do any of the beanies fit more flat on the head? I don't like it so much when there is extra material sticking up on top (hope that makes sense)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kuon ones also have a shallower depth

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve not been able to get IM caps to lie flat on my head. But, I have a larger head and needed S&C caps anyway.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the idea is that it's a precap before the drop before the livestream where we talk about the clothes before we drop the clothes and then talk about the clothes,

This week's drops are no surprise any more but there is still lots to talk about!

First up is our first delivery from Portuguese Flannel, which is a combination of new stuff and restocks, centered around a few key styles. There is a big focus on their Labura chore coats and wool overshirts again, but for good reason! The details and fit are dialed-in, they represent a really good value, and we simply like to wear them a lot.

We've got the Labura in black, dusty navy, dusty bordeaux, olive green, and brown, so a bit of something for everyone. This is their classic three-pocket chore jacket shape, unlined but with a buttoned interior pocket. If any of you have been wearing one of these for a few years now please post up pics :slayer:

View attachment 1840408 View attachment 1840407

Continuing the shirt jacket / overshirt program are their wool ones, with that clutch cupro lining. Two big chest pockets, straight hem, perfect. The donegal one came out really nice but there is a lot of seasonal charm in the plaid one in my eyes. Best dressed dad at the pumpkin patch and all that.

View attachment 1840412 View attachment 1840411 View attachment 1840410 View attachment 1840414

We've got cinnamon brown and forest green restocks for the enduring Teca style, their solid-color twill flannel, and added ecru into the mix. Picture tihs one with some faded denim :drool:

View attachment 1840413 View attachment 1840417

Lobo corduroy shirts are back as well, with restocks on a bunch of popular colors like dusty rose, bordeaux, terra cotta, and olive green.

View attachment 1840416

We didn't forget the plaid flannels though, and this drop does include an awesome shadow plaid, the Otriz, and the return of the Bonfim blackwatch.

View attachment 1840409

I have the brown prince of wales over shirt from last season and it’s great (got a compliment on it from my barista today in fact). I don’t need another but both the PoW and donegal are tempting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads