• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys flip the collar of the traveller up just for pics lol because mine don’t stay up

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Do you guys flip the collar of the traveller up just for pics lol because mine don’t stay up

Which fabric is yours? Mine stay up, but I also store it buttoned to the top with the collar up. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, or if it's the weight of the fabric

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ohh that’s a good idea I’ll try that. I have the Grey glenplaid one from last year. I enjoy wearing it w the collar down but would be nice to have the option lol. Right now it comes down w movement

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1742157

View attachment 1742158
Merz U-neck tees are some of my all time favorites and my only point of reference but the heavyweight tee feels like it has more volume. Not 18 East tee level, but wider sleeves and a touch more length. You can see it peeking out from under the sweatshirt in the first pic. Suits the beefiness of the fabric imo.

both pieces are 6/L. I go back and forth between M and L depending on the brand, I wouldn’t size down to M with Merz

Love me some Merz. Just ordered this shirt. I am 5’11’’ about 148 and go with a 6 as well. I don’t mind a little volume for comfort sake. I also wash and tumble dry low, which shrinks them a bit. Super bummed we don’t have u necks anymore. Stoked to get this shirt though. Love the natural.

kevenmee

Reaction score
What happened between looking so happy in the first photo and extremely pissed off in the second? Interesting stories only.

Happy: Receiving news that S&C order has landed
Angry: Finding out that it's not the pre-order and only the beanies :brick:

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You found the full viscose lining scratchy? :confused2:

Material is not “flannel” - it’s virgin wool. It’s not at all like a PF flannel shirt. It’a basically wool jacketing.

The viscose isn’t scratchy but I have noticed that the viscose doesn’t fully prevent the wool from poking through. I like the piece, but I also would be reluctant to wear it for very long with short sleeves. That said, the lining is a huge plus in my mind. I just 100% consider this to be a jacket and wear it as such (I.e., not indoors really ever).

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it. It’s hard to think of viscose as scratchy but I can totally see how sometimes a rough wool can poke through it.

I only wore it with a tee for a little bit in the office, not a full day so I didn’t get that experience.

i think those wool overshirts are amazing value personally and the full lining makes them much more comfortable. Some other wool overshirts we had this season were twice the price and no lining.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got it. It’s hard to think of viscose as scratchy but I can totally see how sometimes a rough wool can poke through it.

I only wore it with a tee for a little bit in the office, not a full day so I didn’t get that experience.

i think those wool overshirts are amazing value personally and the full lining makes them much more comfortable. Some other wool overshirts we had this season were twice the price and no lining.
The unlined DBF overshirt that is currently agitating my forearms says hello! (And kindly asks that you stop subtweeting them.)

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The unlined DBF overshirt that is currently agitating my forearms says hello! (And kindly asks that you stop subtweeting them.)
I was thinking the same thing. Still, the DBF overshirt is my most worn item this season.

I was a little iffy when I initially seen it online but in person it’s so worth it. DBF designed the overshirt so well with both cut and fabric that I just keep reaching for it. Actually had to force myself to wear other clothes this weekend to give it a break. Makes me feel like a French artist, though I’m likely neither. ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads