• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really appreciate all the suggestions, I’m going to poke around for a bit and see what sizes are available in the stuff recommended!

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok weird question. I'd like to start getting more things for my dad, but I have no idea how to size anything for him since his body type is very different from my own.

He's 6ft, about 160-170lbs, long arms. His normal Macy's sizes are gonna be M or slim L. For shirts he's usually a 16-16.5 35-36ish. Pants and jeans usually 34-37 x 32. I think he'd be a 42L in suiting, but he hasn't worn one in so long that I don't really know anymore. I recently got him a PWVC coat in a size 5 and that seemed to fit well.

Would anyone within a similar size range help out a homie and tell me their size for popular NMWA products/brands? He's not gonna be into the loose fit stuff, just generic CM casual fits.

Ideally I'd like to get him some interesting stuff from Monitaly, GRP, Schneider and the like, and he can wear it in boring ways.
That's pretty close to me. I can type my sizes in several NMWA brands later tonight.

SLieber967

Reaction score
How to size the Inglese linen butcher stripes vs their regular cotton shirts? I need a 40 in the linen, but not sure if that would be cut too large for the regular shirts.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really appreciate all the suggestions, I’m going to poke around for a bit and see what sizes are available in the stuff recommended!

Let us know what you land on, and fit pics when you head out to celebrate Your friend’s nuptials. Please and thank you

Reactions: kjb

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@troika sizes in spoilers below. Happy to answer questions.

I'm pretty close to your dad, but I do sometimes size up or adjust for my chest and shoulders (notes accordingly).

Formosa
50R

Carrara
Would be 52 (I need some adjustments for balance, etc.)

Inglese
41 is a little tight in the chest and shoulders but otherwise right. So pretty much all my shirts are MTM.

Monitaly
L in shirts.

GRP
V or VI in the knit henleys (VI is better in the chest and shoulders).

Schneider
V or VI in knits, VI in shirts (needed the extra room in the shoulders and and chest), V or VI in outerwear.

Glenn's Denim
34 in work trousers.

Inis Meain
L

Kaptain Sunshine
34 trousers

Rota
50 in the higher rise. 52 in regular, with the waist taken in.

Portugese Flannel
L

TSS
3 in trousers, 4 in outerwear.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@troika sizes in spoilers below. Happy to answer questions.

I'm pretty close to your dad, but I do sometimes size up or adjust for my chest and shoulders (notes accordingly).

Formosa
50R

Carrara
Would be 52 (I need some adjustments for balance, etc.)

Inglese
41 is a little tight in the chest and shoulders but otherwise right. So pretty much all my shirts are MTM.

Monitaly
L in shirts.

GRP
V or VI in the knit henleys (VI is better in the chest and shoulders).

Schneider
V or VI in knits, VI in shirts (needed the extra room in the shoulders and and chest), V or VI in outerwear.

Glenn's Denim
34 in work trousers.

Inis Meain
L

Kaptain Sunshine
34 trousers

Rota
50 in the higher rise. 52 in regular, with the waist taken in.

Portugese Flannel
L

TSS
3 in trousers, 4 in outerwear.

This is amazing, thank you!!

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teleworking outside on sunny days always makes me smile. Still can't get over how detailed the Soulive is.

JMM Fellini Rover_Soulive Kimono Chrysanthemums.jpg

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sebastian mcfox makes me simultaneously feel both stoked I preordered the RAF Irvin and also sad I won’t look half as cool

I have definitely bought items inspired by a McFox picture and then returned them when I realized no clothing will ever make me look that dashing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads