• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

professor

Reaction score
unsolicited advice about care labels: I recommend picking up a copy of Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping House by Cheryl Mendelson. It's got a whole 200-page section that serves as a laundry bible: there's a chart of cleaning symbols; many discussions of fibers, cloth types, detergents, and washing techniques; and a chapter called "carefully disregarding care labels"
I'm tempted to buy this book just to see my wife's reaction when it arrives.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
I'm tempted to buy this book just to see my wife's reaction when it arrives.
Whatever you do, make sure it's your name on the address label.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last nice day of the week before it cools and rain arrives. Will head out on long cycling adventure soon!

BTW, idea just popped into my head, ever consider any stylish yet practical athletic gear?

thatboyo

Reaction score
They carried Pedaled Japan a few years ago but I don’t think it did well since it was dropped.

Reactions: kjb

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last nice day of the week before it cools and rain arrives. Will head out on long cycling adventure soon!

BTW, idea just popped into my head, ever consider any stylish yet practical athletic gear?
I was kinda interested in this lately as well. I’m bored of wearing Nike and Lululemon and was wondering what cool much lesser known brands were out there. Minotaur did have some very subtle athletic vibes.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was kinda interested in this lately as well. I’m bored of wearing Nike and Lululemon and was wondering what cool much lesser known brands were out there. Minotaur did have some very subtle athletic vibes.
Yeah, any Dutch (cycle nuts) stuff or Japanese cycling/exercise stuff? Just kind of curious.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Glad to hear !!

For those who have received their Inglese camp collar shirts, what do you guys think?? We developed it with them and worked on fit (which I love in my TTS) and details (that little sleeve cuff :inlove: ) so I'm really interested in your feedback for this new collab shape.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this is probably for a different thread to go into more detail but there are a bunch of "fashionable" athletic brands

running:

satisfy - for that "i worship at the alter of rick but also run 70 miles a week" look

tracksmith / iffley road - for that "i want to feel like those dudes from chariots of fire" look

district vision - for that "each article i have on is subtlety more expensive that your sneakers" look

cycling:

ornot - super straight forward stuff, minimal branding

MAAP / Pas Normal Studios / Albion - i'll generally let my wattage speak for me but know i'm serious

Cafe du cycliste - hey! i got a loud jersey! what's up!

PedalEd - i literally buy all my shit from japan

Last edited:

professor

Reaction score
this is probably for a different thread to go into more detail but there are a bunch of "fashionable" athletic brands

running:

satisfy - for that "i worship at the alter of rick but also run 70 miles a week" look

tracksmith / iffley road - for that "i want to feel like those dudes from chariots of fire" look

district vision - for that "each article i have on subtlety more expensive that your sneakers" look

cycling:

MAAP / Pas Normal Studios - i'll generally let my wattage speak for me but know i'm serious

Good list. I'd add Soar to the running brands. Kind of a pain to get in the US, but every piece I have from them is best-in-class (shorts, vest, jacket, tights) and looks good. And you forgot Rapha in the cycling brands for the guy who just wants to say, "I'm wearing Rapha." :)

Reactions: kjb

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

running:

district vision - for that "each article i have on subtlety more expensive that your sneakers" look

cycling:

MAAP / Pas Normal Studios - i'll generally let my wattage speak for me but know i'm serious

Maybe move that to Random Fashion Thoughts page?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy