• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 @justridiculous I have the GRP knit in a size 5 short sleeve, any thoughts if the GRP dash stitch in a size 6 would be too big on me? I'm a 42R in SC, 41x89 in shirts, generally speaking. Thanks! :oops:

I think the short-sleeve knits fits a bit slimmer than the sweaters, so you should be fine. Maybe be a bit more roomy, but shouldn't be baggy. The measurements on the product pages are very accurate, so I'd double-check those.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
B67E3FF7-0233-4EDE-B315-D291C8F804F4.jpeg

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the Rota pants? I typically like a higher rise but even the highrise version seems a bit low (11" for a 48) and the standard cut seems very low (at 10").

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blurhm's rollneck looks pretty usable for Bay Area weather... how much give do we have? I'm debating between a size 3/4.

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the Rota pants? I typically like a higher rise but even the highrise version seems a bit low (11" for a 48) and the standard cut seems very low (at 10").

I seem to remember the rise given by Virtusize does not include the waistband itself? Not 100% sure though, perhaps @gdl203 or @conceptual 4est could put us straight?

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember the rise given by Virtusize does not include the waistband itself? Not 100% sure though, perhaps @gdl203 or @conceptual 4est could put us straight?
That would make sense. It seems as though the rise measurement is measured in a few different ways across various stores, so I was hoping that maybe it's actually a bit longer than what is on virtusize.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go here and use the menu

2B222B3B-7D7C-4D39-BB5D-067DED5D4EE1.jpeg

and use the hamburger icon to select Makers>Rota, you'll find dozens of fit pics of Rota trousers

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of my favourite things from this season that still have scattered sizes:

Camoshita cotton and nylon sweatshirt in the dusty/faded colours. Love the shape, the colours and the weight. Be warned, it's very boxy. I'm a 40 chest with short arms and prefer the very cropped fit of the medium but I think the arms would be too short for most 40 chest guys. I also have a Large in another colour, and arms are no prob. Wear these a lot.

20201005 NMWA Camoshita dusty mauve cotton and nylon crewneck sweatshirt 01.jpg

Have worn this PF Lobo heavyweight corduroy shirt a lot too. The colour is less in your face in person than you would think looking at the photos. I'm did not size up (I took an M) and that has worked well, but I wear it as a shirt rather than a shirt jacket. Still available in three sizes!

20200924 NMWA Portuguese Flannel Lobo heavyweight corduroy shirt in turquoise 01.jpg

And by far my favourite piece this season (excluding the Traveler lifetime kop!), this lightly padded Valstarino is what I grab by default these days on the way out. Understated but beautifully executed, love the collar, the padding gives it a nice shape and it goes with a whole bunch of stuff.

20201020 NMWA Vastarino 60-40 cotton nylon beige light fill - light brown sweater - Tie Your T...jpg

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go here and use the menu

and use the hamburger icon to select Makers>Rota, you'll find dozens of fit pics of Rota trousers
Thanks for the tip. Still hard to determine the sizing as everyone's fit preference and body are so different.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Still hard to determine the sizing as everyone's fit preference and body are so different.
You asked about the rise cause you like higher rise - that's arguably a style element, not so much fit. Seeing pictures of the pants should help you visualize the rise. If you want fit advice, that's a separate question with separate answers, and they will center around waist first, then maybe seat and thighs if they are often a gating item or you. What's your waist size? Do you have a prominent seat or big thighs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads