• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the UPS app (Android) but I don't see the GPS tracking everyone is referring to, where can I find it? I'll set up Access Point pickups after today's already en route delivery since we are home and stalking the windows.

kongmw

Reaction score
Just got the UPS app (Android) but I don't see the GPS tracking everyone is referring to, where can I find it? I'll set up Access Point pickups after today's already en route delivery since we are home and stalking the windows.
This option only shows up after the package is marked "out for delivery".

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This option only shows up after the package is marked "out for delivery".
It is, maybe just not in my market (Houston)? I didn't see a UPS MyChoice app but downloaded the UPS app and logged in w/ my MyChoice credentials. Everything shows up under "Track" and nothing under "Manage" despite having a delivery out for today.

kongmw

Reaction score
It is, maybe just not in my market (Houston)? I didn't see a UPS MyChoice app but downloaded the UPS app and logged in w/ my MyChoice credentials.
I figure Houston is a big enough market, no? Could be because you just signed up today and your package(s) is already out? Just a guess.
It's mostly an anxiety-inducing feature, for me anyway 😂

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, I've been w/ MyChoice for a while, didn't know it had these features.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I used to travel frequently and there wasn't always somebody around the house, I paid for a box at the UPS store and have all my packages sent there. As somebody else mentioned, it wasn't cheap, but it was good piece of mind. Now that somebody is at home 99% of the time, I just have everything sent here.

Wait. Am I the only one who stares at the UPS app all day, screaming at my phone when the driver inexplicably goes the direction opposite the one closer to my house?
Even worse is when you see the dot moving on your street and then they pass by your house without stopping because it's on the wrong side of the street! I've had that happen more than once - nothing more frustrating than looking out your window and knowing your package is on truck and watching it drive right past. :mad:

Thankfully, over the past month or so that seems to be happening a lot less frequently and now the driver is more likely to pull up in front of my house (no matter which direction he's headed) and deliver to all of us neighbors on both sides of the street in one stop.

Budd

Reaction score
In my experience you have to call to have the package left at a distribution center (which is free). It’s not an option online

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Grizzly comparison! My 2016 vs. a brand new 2020 one. Both size M.

For starters, the new one smells dramatically better than mine 😅

But for the most part, the color seems pretty close to @kjb who has had his for a similar amount of time. I've got tons of wear on mine as well, including a few of the beer stains he mentioned. It's been a great everyday jacket through the fall and even winter, as well as travel jacket for me.

The only difference in materials or hardware seems to be the lining. The new one is softer and smoother but seems to be the same weight.

IMG_0573.JPEGIMG_0576.JPEG

IMG_0574.JPEGIMG_0578.JPEG

IMG_0575.JPEGIMG_0579.JPEG

IMG_0582.JPEGIMG_0583.JPEGIMG_0584.JPEGIMG_0586.JPEG

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I think the XL will work well if that is how you look in the M.

tailoredtech

Reaction score
I don't need it... I don't need it...

Will it work well in winters that only really go as low as 48 (San Francisco Bay Area) ?

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will it work well in winters that only really go as low as 48 (San Francisco Bay Area) ?
mine is comfortable up to 50s-ish worn open with a tshirt underneath. with a heavier flannel and zipped up with the collar up i've worn it in weather down to the teens.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.