• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

LeBeef

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on how the niche Marco slipons break in? I’ve sworn off slipons for the longest time because I can never find one that doesn’t have heel slip, but I really like these and wonder if going down a size or a half can result in the suede stretching out. I did this with an old all suede new balance shoe that became my best fitting shoe ever.

Trayco

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on how the niche Marco slipons break in? I’ve sworn off slipons for the longest time because I can never find one that doesn’t have heel slip, but I really like these and wonder if going down a size or a half can result in the suede stretching out. I did this with an old all suede new balance shoe that became my best fitting shoe ever.
I got these in a 42 and they are really snug but I do feel if I went to 43 they would be falling off my foot. I have not worn them enough yet to tell you if they stretch out but the suede is super soft, thin and pliable so they don’t bother me for being snug.
To compare, I have the castaner loafers in a 43 which fit snug but perfect.

LeBeef

Reaction score
I got these in a 42 and they are really snug but I do feel if I went to 43 they would be falling off my foot. I have not worn them enough yet to tell you if they stretch out but the suede is super soft, thin and pliable so they don’t bother me for being snug.
To compare, I have the castaner loafers in a 43 which fit snug but perfect.
Awesome, thanks! I’ve gone down the rabbit hole of looking at proxies from Japan, and I may give it a go. I totally slept on the NMWA stock thinking it wouldn’t work, but I regret not even trying.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you can easily size half down, I got a pair in my usual size and they are def on the easy wearing side and sometimes when I walk for too long in them, foot starts popping out the back.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright! First day in the new NMWA x Sartoria Carrara tobacco linen suit. Very light and wears cool. Wore it for the hurricane today and got it seriously wet this morning but it dried quickly. This is a 52R even though I'm usually a 52L, but it fits well and I'm very happy with it. Smashing lapels. Worn with Canali linen shirt.

IMG_1006.jpg IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1004.jpgIMG_1007.jpgIMG_1009.jpg

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Honestly looks like an excellent fit on you ! 🤘

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
89F13FAD-0F40-481D-9CE1-DC07FB0521BB.jpeg

Dinner time in port flan and Inglese

Trayco

Reaction score
Alright! First day in the new NMWA x Sartoria Carrara tobacco linen suit. Very light and wears cool. Wore it for the hurricane today and got it seriously wet this morning but it dried quickly. This is a 52R even though I'm usually a 52L, but it fits well and I'm very happy with it. Smashing lapels. Worn with Canali linen shirt.

View attachment 1436011 View attachment 1436008

Looks incredible!

hpreston

Reaction score

Great look @smittycl

Dinner time in port flan and Inglese
I need to seriously think about an Inglese safari/overshirt next year....

sartoria vacua

Reaction score
Re rota ss21 preorders on the garment dyed vers, specifically linencotton - do they arrive pre-hemmed like ss20's OTR offerings, or unhemmed length? Thanks!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.