• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s the IM easy cardigan. Size L in henna. Most of my other IM pieces are also L. I have a couple pub jackets in M—the linen one is good, the wool I might like in L better. I’m usually 40/50 or 42/52 in tailored stuff. 50 in Formosa. I decided to stick with L for the cardigan, knowing that it would be slouchier. I think it was the right call. It definitely fits bigger than other IM pieces in L, but it’s a different vibe.

View attachment 1432636

And because it amuses me, here’s a pic of something I have hanging at home. Looks kind of familiar!

View attachment 1432637
Is that hole from a very large moth? Or a bullet??
Most likely a fire. That's an old school Japanese firefighter's coat.
Had you not mentioned that it was a firefighter's coat, I would have assumed the hole was from a katana!

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you guys be interested in a group zoom session with me and the Rota cards, so anyone can ask questions, see stuff closer, etc...?
That would be cool if I can make time for it.

For the seersucker trousers, standard size or size up, since they're garment washed? (I know it says to size up on the preorder page but I feel compelled to confirm. :foo:)

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright! I pre-ordered the Rota pants in the light gray version of the Loro Piana Summertime wool-silk-linen fabric. I have the blue versions pictured in Greg's post from last season. Amazing fabric. The light gray (with belt loops) will make for great summer wear at work since I don't see wearing suits five days a week being a thing for a while, if ever.

I got the blue versions from last season right when Covid hit and have only just gotten them tailored. Chose the higher rise with side tabs for those.

Capture.JPG

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That fabric is really super comfortable. VBC makes a similar mix of yarns for Gladson/Huddersfield (some may say they're the ones who also makes it for LP 🤫 ) in a bunch called Safari and we just received a jacket a customer had made up MTM in that fabric - I can confirm it's very nice for jacketing too

hpreston

Reaction score
Alright! I pre-ordered the Rota pants in the light gray version of the Loro Piana Summertime wool-silk-linen fabric. I have the blue versions pictured in Greg's post from last season. Amazing fabric. The light gray (with belt loops) will make for great summer wear at work since I don't see wearing suits five days a week being a thing for a while, if ever.

I got the blue versions from last season right when Covid hit and have only just gotten them tailored. Chose the higher rise with side tabs for those.

View attachment 1433019
Nice choices @smittycl !

If I may ask, which shade of grey did you go with on the LP W/S/L?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.