• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
@gdl203 did it! After four years of requests in this thread, over email, and Instagram, we’re able to reissue the legendary Naissance Grizzly jacket in both the original brown as well as new black colorways.

A personal favorite of mine, I can confidently say it is in my all-time top three favorite items from the store (and life). It’s a really, really cool alternative to a shearling or other waist-length fall/winter coat, and they nailed all of the details. The lambskin body and shearling mean it’s really soft, with a totally different feel to the heavy and stiff grizzly jackets you typically see, but the blanket lining (and shearling body, and wool knit inner cuffs) make it genuinely warm when you zip it up. The lack of waist belt gives it a cleaner look, opting for some adjustable side buckles instead.

View attachment 1420018

It’s good for hiking in Arizona in January.

View attachment 1420015

It’s good for chilling in Brooklyn.

View attachment 1420022

It’s good for eating an overflowing MEGAYAKI at a New Year’s street fair.

View attachment 1420017

And everything in between.

Naissance quoted us four months for production and delivery with an ETA of November, which is when it will start getting properly cold for most of us. We’ll be wrapping up the pre-orders pretty quickly because of this, closing them at the end of the week. Be sure to use PREORDER15 for your pre-order discount, and post up your pics if you have them!

For sizing, I recommend ordering your typical Japanese brand size, or one size up from your typical US size. My grizzly is a Medium and is spot on.

View attachment 1420019 View attachment 1420020 View attachment 1420021

You can pre-order a reissue of the original brown one here.

View attachment 1420016 View attachment 1420023

You can pre-order the all-new black version here. Please note these photos are renderings and @g transistor and @troika 's best approximations of what it will look like. There are some details we don’t know about – zipper color and lining color most notably, but I trust they’ll do a good job.

Compiling together these now, to send over to Naissance this afternoon, so consider this last call. After some hemming and hawing I'm in for a black one :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tony shirts are just very special

E927ED5A-16E1-4C38-A818-5D97D727D92A.jpeg

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 Did someone wipe y’all clean of size 50 in higher Rota Pants? I think there were maybe 2 cloths/styles left.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the risk you run into when you wear the same size as Newcomer haha
Hahaha. I saw someone on Luxeswap thread recently sell about 20 pairs of Rota in normal rise size 50 and he said something about loving the high rise much more so I’m thinking he hauled in a lions share of the high rise in 50.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's just a popular size, not anyone in particular

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the risk you run into when you wear the same size as Newcomer haha

I have like one pair of Rotas, thank you very much :).

(Well, in the last 3 years).

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have fit pics of the new garment dyed Rotas? Asking for a friend of a friend.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
RUGS TO RICHES

Back in FW2012, Stephan Schneider had a collection titled "Rugs to Riches" and it included some legendary knitwear and accompanying scarves (really, stoles) that are seen above. These still command a premium on the second hand market because they're such unique pieces, but we felt it has been long enough to reissue this design, in all new colorways designed and selected by Stephan.

In addition to these new stoles, he also worked to design a new scarf size (still pretty oversized) that features the same design, just half the width.

The stoles are tremendous and really make a statement - you can see above that they almost need to be worn like big shawls, and I'd be happy using one as a throw or blanket - they're that big and substantial.

We're offering the stoles in three colors:

Rugs to Riches Stole in Navy (7).jpg

Navy, which is VERY dark and has black and blue yarns

Rugs to Riches Stole in Blue (7).jpg

Blue, which feels almost southwestern with the turquoise and beige yarns

Rugs to Riches Scarf in Forest (4).jpg

and Forest, which mixes green with greys and blues.

The new scarf size is also available in the three colors above:

Rugs to Riches Scarf in Forest (7).jpg

Forest, which is sampled as a scarf.

Rugs to Riches Stole in Navy (2).jpg
Navy, which is sampled as a stole but will be the same yarn mix in scarf size.

Rugs to Riches Stole in Blue (2).jpg
Blue, which is sampled as a stole but will be the same yarn mix in scarf size.

Lastly, there is one that is so limited in quantity they're only doing it as a scarf, and that is Brick:

20200626163.jpg

This is a pre-order for FW20, so they'll be delivered this fall. Quantities are very, very limited and I know it's already in the thread title but this is not something to sleep on.

You can see all available options here.

Lastly, if you have pics of yours post them up!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sup

B61A7E57-54BD-460C-80C7-D6BD816B7A1B.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads