• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK I need someone with the long great coat to post a fit pic
From January 2019. For reference, I'm 5'11", suit size US 40/42 (depending on brand & model), and wearing a size L. I don't remember what I was wearing underneath, probably a sweatshirt though.

This can easily go over IM tunics, very snugly over the recent 18 East IM thicker sweaters, but no way over the S&C cardigans or Eidos/SF tailoring.
2019 01 13 Snowstorm_Frank Leder Great Coat.jpg

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t see your email in our inbox... I’m not really sure what issue you experienced but if it’s with checkout/payment, there’s nothing at all we can do about it - it’s entirely outsourced to Bolt for everyone’s security (we can’t see payment methods, edit them or anything like that).

as for the one-time code, we can always check that on Monday and apply it after the purchase in the form of a partial refund
Thanks Greg! I sent the email as a reply to the coupon email to [email protected]. I was able to place the order without the code. It’s weird, it kept failing but finally went through when I clicked and reselect s all the options during the Apple Pay check out. I’ll follow up on applying the discount code on Monday. Thanks!!!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
:slayer:

cool pants too

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ This. And if you're going for the Long Great Coat, it's even narrower armholes than the regular length Great Coat.
Now this makes me a bit nervous. I called the store and was advised to go with a size M since I am a 40 US and wanted to wear the long coat with rollnecks and knits.

I ordered a size M.

LeBeef

Reaction score
sizing advice on that BYBORRE jacket? I wear a 42/52 in suit jacket/SC.
I’m usually a 42 as well and I went for medium based off of the measurements. Thought the large would be too oversized.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On Leder, not one of the great coats but I'm a 40 and (thanks to help in the store from Kyle) just picked up this piece which really grew on me the more I looked at it. M works well and I can certainly wear layers under it -- maybe not going super crazy but I think it has the room. I think the advice as I understand it, is to take your regular size unless you have very broad shoulders -- my shoulders are relatively broad, though, and it still worked for me.

1582416798604.png

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now this makes me a bit nervous. I called the store and was advised to go with a size M since I am a 40 US and wanted to wear the long coat with rollnecks and knits.

I ordered a size M.
I do have broad shoulders, which is why I sometimes need to size up to 42s.

You should be fine with lighter knits (like IM alpaca/silks). Heavier stuff will be snug to potentially uncomfortable.

Trayco

Reaction score
On Leder, not one of the great coats but I'm a 40 and (thanks to help in the store from Kyle) just picked up this piece which really grew on me the more I looked at it. M works well and I can certainly wear layers under it -- maybe not going super crazy but I think it has the room. I think the advice as I understand it, is to take your regular size unless you have very broad shoulders -- my shoulders are relatively broad, though, and it still worked for me.

View attachment 1342198
The last two weeks I visited the shop that jacket was sitting on a chair. Wonder if it was you trying it on...

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ not unless you’re invisible and you came this past Thursday (didn’t see anyone else). Apparently somebody else has great taste too

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.