• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orcival faded blue Breton and navy Castaners
8E51A62E-9840-4A0E-89EC-4BC66EC86A37.jpeg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suggestions on pairing this SC?

For the record I ran out of clean solid white/blue shirts.

View attachment 1195576
White linen shirt
White cotton shirt
White cotton/linen shirt
White long sleeve polo shirt
(Ok I'll stop that...)
Very pale blue shirt
Light blue stripes
Graph check
Light grey stripes

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suggestions on pairing this SC?

For the record I ran out of clean solid white/blue shirts.

View attachment 1195576
As you've already implied, narrower stripes on the shirt for a start.

The colors in the jacket are relatively cool, so I'd mostly try to use tie/shirt/square combos that also have cooler tones. That tie seems a little warm, but it might be the photo. Brown seems like a good match otherwise. Olive green and grey ties are the first that come to mind. Navy and burgundy would probably be nice. White shirt and charcoal tie.

Plus everything that Greg said. Don't discount the microcheck shirt rec. It's become one of my favorite go-tos with a gunclub or shepherd check jacket, based on Greg's pushing it.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I actually first went for a charcoal Birdseye tie but was worried it might be too fall/winter. I will either try that or a navy wool/linen I think could work well.

And Greg to address the first suggestion, I wanted to go with a white linen one-piece collar but it was at the cleaners!

I have also never brought myself to pull the trigger on the microcheck shirt for some reason. You may be pushing me over the edge to go out and find one. I’m guessing a very pale blue/white would be best?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do the Castaner suede loaferdrilles stretch? They fit just right with socks, but are a bit loose without, so if they stretch more...

FWIW I had a chance to try on 41 and 42.

42 was a lot more comfortable overall. That said the size 42 was in their cotton/canvas fabric and compared to the goat suede loafer styles I gather may no stretch as much. The suede loafers this season are actually really nice, and in contrast I reckon will stretch overtime. In size 41, the width fit well. Length wise I feel in the end I'd want a little more toe space, and no wear will help stretch and elongate the shoe. If the length is a little long, it should be fine with wear (once your heel wears in more). Someone said tongue pads help and in my experience they do. Just another data point for you to consider; all to say I think you're fine going TTS on Castaner shoes. The fact that you can wear socks with the suede loafer Castaner shoes lends itself to versatility, so, you have that advantage. I would not be able to wear socks having sized down.

Hope NMWA can order more of the loafer style Castaner next season in more colors (polo suede please). Trying the shoes in person really made an impression. For some reason either because of the apron/loafer style or suede helps give the toe shape a sharper look. Much prefer this style to the regular canvas models IME.

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Greg,

Is there a chance that the Leder Great Coat would be stocked this coming season despite it not being pre-ordered like it was in 2017? And if not, any chance we could do another pre-order for that for FW20 in... six months? :)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Greg,

Is there a chance that the Leder Great Coat would be stocked this coming season despite it not being pre-ordered like it was in 2017? And if not, any chance we could do another pre-order for that for FW20 in... six months? :)
Yup. We'll have great coats for fw19

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3266B1E5-7761-49A4-87F0-1CB117F98207.jpeg

Niche x2

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Ikiji safari jacket is so nice

View attachment 1196512
It is nice. The fabric is really substantial like an Irish linen, the cut is great with deep double vents, the belt setup is well done and with the square pockets adds a contemporary vibe. Between field jacket and safari.

The navy version is also great

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is nice. The fabric is really substantial like an Irish linen, the cut is great with deep double vents, the belt setup is well done and with the square pockets adds a contemporary vibe. Between field jacket and safari.

The navy version is also great

View attachment 1196633

I find that Ikiji is exceedingly consistent. Really refined looking stuff.

Tastethesoup

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads