• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Negative, this is the Eidos (which I prefer greatly).
To the Drakes cut? I’m stuck between the two and your recent photo is pushing me to Eidos. Can I ask why you prefer it so much more?

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nbarbar

I like the wider lapels on the Eidos iteration and the Sal trousers are very distinctive. Plus, I despise the patch ticket pocket on the Drakes (honestly, a deal breaker for me).

Finally, the Eidos cut works extremely well for me. That is kind of the deciding factor.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is the construction even comparable? Full canvas?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nbarbar

I like the wider lapels on the Eidos iteration and the Sal trousers are very distinctive. Plus, I despise the patch ticket pocket on the Drakes (honestly, a deal breaker for me).

Finally, the Eidos cut works extremely well for me. That is kind of the deciding factor.
i think the patch ticket looks cool but i'd imagine in practice it'd be annoying.
but, no surprise here, the eidos is far and away a cooler/better product to me.

hpreston

Reaction score
Is the construction even comparable? Full canvas?
i think the patch ticket looks cool but i'd imagine in practice it'd be annoying.
but, no surprise here, the eidos is far and away a cooler/better product to me.
Owning both, I can say that (IMHO) both are a good value and offer quality product at a fair price. (to be clear, I only have experience with sport coats from Drakes, so can't comment on suit trousers)

Drake's tailoring is half canvass, with no shoulder structure other than the chest canvas. Their lapels are narrower than Eidos, but not JCrew narrow. Recently they were made by Belvest, but not sure if that is still the case.

Drakes jackets are cut slightly slimmer than Eidos in the waist and are just slightly narrower than Eidos in the shoulder.

Personally, I like the ticket pocket on the Drakes, they are just deep enough for my glasses.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nbarbar

Fun fact - the initial sportcoat design for Eidos (back when the project was called 13th & Wolf) had a patch ticket pocket.

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fun fact - the initial sportcoat design for Eidos (back when the project was called 13th & Wolf) had a patch ticket pocket.
I don’t mind them in theory. However, I don’t really like them as a signature, if that makes sense. To me, kind of feels gimmicky, like a colored buttonhole. But that is just my most humble of opinions.

(Started otherwise, don’t mind them as a one off, just don’t like them as a defining feature across a line).

circumspice

Reaction score
Doesn't Caruso tend to do the nested patch ticket pocket on some Kei unless I am guessing the retailer opts out? I think Khaki's of Carmel's did, but Barney's and/or Sak's do not.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.