1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

1. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

god you cannot be more fob what's next FILA shoes?

2. g transistor

3. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

I'm all about that Eddie Huang style!!

4. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior Member

I ended up going with the smallest size I’ve gotten since my first pair of Trickers Bourton brogues (a super wide country shoe). I went with 7. They fit incredibly well on me (short and wide foot, most standard lasts don’t fit me at all). Ended up getting the dark brown noisette color since it was the only color left in my size (from a local store). It came with a natural rubber sole, which is very comfy to walk in.

To much had been made about the idea that these shoes are “ugly”. They aren’t elegant, but they are a huge step up from sneakers in many outfits and look great with a relaxed knitwear/trouser style, not only jeans and chinos. I love these shoes, they are perfect for any casual situation and are a more interesting choice than sneakers.

I would also advise everyone to get their Thuyas now, since Heschung told me in an e-mail that they haven’t been produced since mid 2017 (I was asking about a size 7 pair). What we are seeing on the market now is old stock which will run out. There are other makers for this style, but the Thuya is my favorite.

5. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

21B25974-A08C-47B2-A03F-6CB54494249F.jpeg

6. Landau

Landau Senior Member

Man, that Camoshita robe coat is so good. Can't wait for it to hit NoMan in the fall.

7. gdl203

That’s is absolutely not true (the latter). They haven’t included them in their lineup for that time but they’ve produced it for us for the last couple years. The suede version, they even developed for us as they had not made it all suede (without leather apron stitch) before. So they had to test it and approve it for us.

8. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

It is! To answer an earlier question, I went with a 36 (TTS)in this even though I often wear a 38 in KS. The fit is relaxed without being oversized, which is nice

9. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior Member

Wow, it’s really strange for them to say that. I actually e-mailed them back to make sure there was no confusion, but I guess their customer service is misinformed. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Edit: went back to the e-mail to double check. Here is what they said:

"I confirm that the Thuya is no longer produced."

Strange way to sell shoes, but ultimately a good thing that they were wrong. It's also listed as discontinued at one of two places I've seen them sold online in Europe, so there seems to be some confusion here although Greg knows best, of course.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019

10. gdl203

Yes it is discontinued in the sense that they don't include it in their range and don't show it in their shops. It is still produced for wholesale accounts like us who keep ordering it. We're even ordering it again for FW19 and working on a special makeup in snuff suede (which they've never produced before )

11. Benesyed

Benesyed Distinguished Member

@gdl203 I'm sorry if this was already answered but are you guys at the Paris show? If so, how's Schneider looking??

12. mmmargeologist

mmmargeologist Senior Member

E58CDD47-716D-4EAF-B65A-252A5015C933.jpeg

Trying to get in as many wears as possible as the cold days dwindle

13. g transistor

Its. So. Dang. Pure. And beautiful.

Humans don’t deserve such art in this world. We just don’t.

Thuyas is snuff suede sounds freaking fantastic.

14. thomasB

thomasB Senior Member

Glad to hear it. Saving my store credit for a restock of the brown suede. I didn’t think I needed them until I realized they had the natural rubber soles

15. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Ok. I have to ask and I hope this is a safe space. Who is the bread shirt guy.

Sorry.