1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

1. baltimoron

baltimoron Distinguished Member

valstar is nice and not super heavy so might be suitable for the bay

2. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

@Newcomer
    Keep that Clint! You’ll regret give it up.

3. kevenmee

kevenmee Senior Member

Coming back from a work trip and having a NMWA delivery is one of the best things about traveling for work...

Got the mixed black moscow in a S, and it was not as dark as I was hoping for. Looking for trades in either black, or navy if anybody's up for it!

4. trafficjam

trafficjam Senior Member

Really want that minotaur jacket but i have like 30 coats.

5. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Distinguished Member

IMG_9088.crop.jpg

NMWA stuff: GRP knit cap and Tony shirt. These GRPs (i got this gray one and another in black) are just what I was looking for: substantial, wool, and not itchy. Not sure where to start with the Tony Western shirt. It's just wonderfully done. A little thicker than expected, collar standing high here on day 1. Great fitting, perfect shoulders, high arm holes. Mother of pearl snaps! Also I spotted that the Tony Shirtmakers site front page has their shirts hanging on NMWA hangers.

6. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior Member

I agree. To be clear I meant the wax that just fattens up the leather a bit. Not sure what the proper term is for that, but I use it in my winter boots.

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

I wear it over T shirts or light layers more than I thought I would. Also goto "one-coat" for business trips to worse climes.

8. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Distinguished Member

9. GoWool

GoWool Active Member

Speaking of NR and perfect for the Bay, can anyone comment on the Warm Rain and whether it would be too warm for the Bay? Going back and forth on a couple sales items including that one....

10. jlchau

jlchau Senior Member

Did you go TTS on the turtleneck? I get mine today (only TTS was available) but I love the slouchy look on @conceptual 4est.

11. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

I took my normal Naissance size (an L). Personally, I actually prefer the TTS look, since I will likely wear it as a base layer.

12. duff406

duff406 Senior Member

I missed it in the product description, but the darker mother of pearl buttons on the beige flannel polo are a real nice touch. Attention to detail, as always! The fabric is a nice weight, lighter I think then the green and suitable for most all year, at least here in the artic tundra...

Also, is the collar on the Oxford button down different? I feel like it's a different shape than other GI button downs I have. I like it! And the oxford is nice and beefy, just like I was looking for. Thanks again!

Well was going to post a bad picture I took of the dark MOP buttons but for some reason it's coming up rotated sideways here ..

13. Gus

Gus Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Hoping that Greg negotiated one of these plain suede bomber jackets from Valstar for next season in tan

VL_01224-1200x800.jpg

14. lalilulelo1122

lalilulelo1122 Active Member

I was just wearing my Bumfreezer in like 40-50+ degree weather in south Texas and I was surprisingly comfortable with a midweight sweatshirt underneath. I was sure it would be too warm since I've mainly worn it during NY winters. It's crazy that it's light enough for those cool days, while providing excellent warmth in an under 10-degree day with an added wind chill.

Plus if you wear the hood with the face mask you kinda look like a Mortal Kombat character. Green herringbone gives off Reptile vibes.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

Kinda wish I got the gray one with leaves print lining but I'm tryna cop 5 leather jackets rn.

Also valstar coat would have been an instakop if it was cold enough to wear coats here.