• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think PRT asked this already but I didn’t see an answer; are the black pampa jeans a slim/skinny fit or are they fairly relaxed?
And since they are Levi’s should you buy your normal size I still size up 1 like other Niche things?
Thanks, I need some black denim

birdlives80

Reaction score
Posted this in Unfunded Liabilities but was told to inquire here:

I scored a RTW Formosa suit off eBay in navy birdseye, and comparing the photo to NMWA site, I believe it must be this suit made up in a lanificio drago cloth: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/navy-birdseye-single-breasted-suit-11-12oz-wool-969.html
(I've attached photo of cloth label from the suit)

The jacket fits great but the pants are just too small in the thigh. The suit is totally new and never worn, so I would love to purchase the same fabric and have pants made up to complete the suit.

How would I go about buying this fabric? I went to Drago's website but it was not helpful, and NMWA lists the weight but no model number or anything.

I’m not trying to deprive NMWA of business, just trying to make the most of this find. As such, would be totally willing to buy these trousers from NMWA, if that’s an option.

Please advise!

7B70B94A-E675-4155-AF33-72EFDFC40133.jpeg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posted this in Unfunded Liabilities but was told to inquire here:

I scored a RTW Formosa suit off eBay in navy birdseye, and comparing the photo to NMWA site, I believe it must be this suit made up in a lanificio drago cloth: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/navy-birdseye-single-breasted-suit-11-12oz-wool-969.html
(I've attached photo of cloth label from the suit)

The jacket fits great but the pants are just too small in the thigh. The suit is totally new and never worn, so I would love to purchase the same fabric and have pants made up to complete the suit.

How would I go about buying this fabric? I went to Drago's website but it was not helpful, and NMWA lists the weight but no model number or anything.

I’m not trying to deprive NMWA of business, just trying to make the most of this find. As such, would be totally willing to buy these trousers from NMWA, if that’s an option.

Please advise!

View attachment 1001837

That version was before we started to use the Drago birdseye.

That label is from Carnet and that cloth was discontinued a while ago.

Also, different batches of the same cloth have different shades and finishes so it’s not advisable to match new trousers like that.

What is the tag size inside the pants?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 - this is really ahead of schedule but about when do you guys do spring preorders. Saw a few really nice Schneider things and was curious

birdlives80

Reaction score
That version was before we started to use the Drago birdseye.

That label is from Carnet and that cloth was discontinued a while ago.

Also, different batches of the same cloth have different shades and finishes so it’s not advisable to match new trousers like that.

What is the tag size inside the pants?

The pants just have a blank Formosa tag, but the jacket tag says tg. 52 drop 7.

The pants measure to about a 32” waist, with about an inch of room to let out, but the thigh width measured at the crotch seam is 21.25”, so very slim.

I’m a 33.5 waist with a 23” thigh

John Wick

Reaction score
Can someone help me with sizing for Inglese? I wear a Formosa 50R. The three Inglese shirts that I do have are size 40. I think I need to go at least 42 or something.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is it tight/small? If you need the next size up, that would be 41 (not 42)

John Wick

Reaction score
Where is it tight/small? If you need the next size up, that would be 41 (not 42)
Thanks for your response.
I'll try to post a picture but I'll use the drawing below to explain better.
I think the shirts are now fitting like the drawing on the right, meaning small at the shoulders but they're not tight or pulling.
But the odd thing is that the sleeves are perfect. The neck is perfect. The chest and waist is fine.
Maybe I can go 41 or 42 and just shorten the sleeves.
Camicia-spalla.jpg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That diagram is not relevant to how G. Inglese shirts are constructed. The seam should NOT reach the end of the shoulder on a G. Inglese shirt. It is constructed with a rounded sleevehead that is supposed to drape over the top of the humerus to provide maximum comfort and mobility (the entire arm is inside the sleeve). On a properly fitting G. Inglese shirt, the seam sits around the acromion (end of the clavicle)

Essentially, the shirts panels, sleeves and sleevehead are constructed so that the seam falls pretty much where it is on your right diagram, yet not pull anywhere and be comfortable throughout the arm and armhole.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics