• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

£300 for smart casual shoes

coogie

Reaction score
Hello, I'm going to london (most likely just around knightsbridge) this weekend to seek a few things.

I am after some very stylish shoes which i'll wear for casual everyday. £300 is the top end of my budget, i'd like to go more for some £200 so I won't feel quite so devastated at the wear & tear they will inevitably suffer due to be wearing them very often.

If you had the same idea as mine, what would the first pair of shoes you would try on be?

I love the comfort of my cole haans, but am not overly keen on the designs anymore

HHD

Reaction score
300 quid would get you a pair of Church's shoes. A decent brown brogue is very versatile. Some people think brown suede is more casual.

I don't know Cole Haan, but I think £300 is very expensive for casual shoes... would you wear Campers?

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since finding this place, I've all but retired sneakers unless I'm running or wearing shorts and generally wear a vintage light-brown longwing with jeans most weekends. I'd second hitting Church's and getting a brown brogue...though I'll probably get some **** from the post-Prada Church haters. I've not seen such a big change since the buyout.

coogie

Reaction score
yes, certainly not sneakers!! I mean some loafers or some classic brogues etc

HHD

Reaction score
Try Church's then, there might even be a sale!

Degendorff

Reaction score
What's about Crockett & Jones, Alfred Sargent, Grenson and so on? They should also be in your price range of 200-300 GBP.

StylingUK

Reaction score
I know you want casual shoes but for £175, you can already buy a pair of Kurt Geiger by Edward Greens. If i have £300, I would spend that on the EG and then use the rest for casual shoes.

jjjohn

Reaction score
Second to StuylingUK,

You can get a pair of Kurt Geiger by Edward Greens for £175. They are great.

evanrose

Reaction score
Weren't you recently wanting to spend 30K on a Patek Philippe? Why such a low budget? Spend the money and wear 'em less often. RL's got plenty of nice shoes around that price range.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads