£200 suit for interview

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by GeorgeSR, Jun 8, 2016.

1. GeorgeSR

GeorgeSR New Member

Had to rush out and buy myself a suit for an apprenticeship interview---- do you think this is acceptable in a business setting as its a one button suit and what do you think of the fit ? Still need to get a slim belt to match the shoes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016

2. TummyBoy

TummyBoy Member

The fit is pretty admirable for off the rack. I'm no professional, but if you told me it was MTM I would probably believe you.

As far as one button suits go, there's a really good chance that nobody will even notice. Yes, one button suits are pretty casual, and in a conservative office setting they may not fly, but I wouldn't exactly worry too much about what you have there. We don't close the bottom button on suits anyway.

3. GeorgeSR

GeorgeSR New Member

I think the arms are a little long are you supposed to have up to an inch of shirt cuff showing ? Other than that I'm quite happy with it and think it fit is ok / 89% fit in the jacket. But I suppose you get what you pay for and considering my time frame / the first suit iv got by myself I'm content with it

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016

4. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Difficult to tell with your poses, jacket seems a bit short. Shortening the sleeves may reduce the contrast. Colour is a bit light for an interview but it depends on the industry/ sector. A bit fashion forward but not bad, and 99% of people will find it acceptable.

5. mrballs

mrballs Well-Known Member

Sleeves are definitely too long, think it needs to be at least an inch shorter. Wear one of the shirts that you'll typically wear to work and get a tailor to do the exact measurements.

Length looks fine to me for a one-button. It's not as serious a color as the typical business suits and you're a young chap who's in decent shape, don't worry about the length.

6. GeorgeSR

GeorgeSR New Member

Interview went well didn't have the jacket on just had it over my arm . I got a nice leather belt and I'm starting an apprentice program at university in logistics and management