• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

‘Medium’-brand shoes

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I looked at Medium when either Brian or LAG suggested them a month or so ago. I think they're way too plain. How old are you?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OK, I thought you were maybe in your thirties and wanted something subtle that wouldn't look like you're trying to look younger. But since you're actually about my age you can definitely pull off hipper sneaks. I assume you're looking at these instead of Adidas, Puma and Onitsuka Asics because you do prefer simpler designs? Maybe Fred Perry or Gola is more your style.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, I thought you were maybe in your thirties and wanted something subtle that wouldn't look like you're trying to look younger. But since you're actually about my age you can definitely pull off hipper sneaks. I assume you're looking at these instead of Adidas, Puma and Onitsuka Asics because you do prefer simpler designs? Maybe Fred Perry or Gola is more your style.
Well, I already have stuff from Adidas and Puma. What I was looking for is a sleek leather shoe that is good for the rainy season in South Florida. I should have bought a pair of Adidas Y-3 Field IV-A in black leather when I had the chance, but alas I did not, so I am forced to find something similar. If not, I am also looking at (I know, I know...): http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/5522285...g/men/s/4.html Jon.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These are the only "plain" black shoes that I like: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1924938/c/11364.html Yes, they're suede so definitely no good for the rain. Yes, they're women's yoga shoes, I don't care. I'd get these if I didn't already have black Adidas Nizza Los. But back to your needs. Have you considered boat shoes for the rain? Sperry's Top-sider: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/3006689/c/300.html
The boat shoes are way too low, it sometimes gets flooded, and then the shoes are going to be completely drowned. The Adidas shoes are cool, who cares if they are made for women? Who could tell? Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads