• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1606469 View attachment 1606470 View attachment 1606471

Trying to decide whether to sell or keep. Always felt it fits perfect as long as I don't move, but sleeves are short when I do (I don't often find myself with hands up or in a fist fight, but you get the idea).

Wearing the striped shirt to create some contrast, not usually how I style this.

What others have said. Keep. Any jacket with sleeves tailored to the correct length will have a bit more shirt cuff showing when you raise your arms. Looks perfect to me.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks awful. Definitely sell. I’m feeling generous today so PM me and I’ll save you the trouble of posting it in the B-S-T thread.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the padded blazer from a few seasons ago, right? The body looks a little short (probably the style), but the sleeves look perfect to me. I wouldn't be a stickler for dimensions on a casual jacket in any event.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From experience, you'll wear this with a crewneck sweater more often than over a shirt. You're going to really enjoy wearing this jacket - not sure if you just acquired but if you did, congrats, that's a style that a lot of people ask us about quite often.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
@gdl203 @conceptual 4est question guys - the site says that these are "true to US size" but the measurements for a Medium show a 31" waist and a Large show a 32". that seems a touch small? or are the measurements slightly off? will the waist stretch at all?

Hmm good question. I didn't get a chance to try this on in my usual size but I know Kenshawn did, and he said the large worked out well for him. He's about a 34" waist so I think that's why he said go TTS on them. Maybe the smaller waist measurements are because it sits higher on the waist?

Trying to decide whether to sell or keep. Always felt it fits perfect as long as I don't move, but sleeves are short when I do (I don't often find myself with hands up or in a fist fight, but you get the idea).

Wearing the striped shirt to create some contrast, not usually how I style this.

Fit looks good to me but as you alluded to this style definitely works best with something different underneath. I think it really shines with a crewneck or turtleneck sweater and some jeans / chinos / corduroys. I used to wear mine a lot with either jeans or navy blue twill chinos.

Last edited:

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm good question. I didn't get a chance to try this on in my usual size but I know Kenshawn did, and he said the small worked out well for him. He's about a 34" waist so I think that's why he said go TTS on them. Maybe the smaller waist measurements are because it sits higher on the waist?

Fit looks good to me but as you alluded to this style definitely works best with something different underneath. I think it really shines with a crewneck or turtleneck sweater and some jeans / chinos / corduroys. I used to wear mine a lot with either jeans or navy blue twill chinos.
He said small for a 34” waist was ok?
Or did you mean a different size?

BlakeRVA

Reaction score

@DoubleDouble is the type of guy to pass on Traveler coats and not text models back. He truly plays by his own rules.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold mine in that color on grailed several years ago (maybe 5?) during a move and have regretted it ever since.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
He said small for a 34” waist was ok?
Or did you mean a different size?

Sorry, brain fart. Just edited my post but he said that the large fit him well.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So no seed tees from Niche this year then?

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excuse me while I go yell at them in a nasty email. They’re supposed to be the same exact style - which we actually developed with them via multiple prototypes ?‍♂️ ugh

I'm interested to know how this email discussion will go. If possible, please let Inglese know that the 30" version is more appropriate for the camp collar shirts, and 32" is better for sport jackets :)

Last edited:

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
@DoubleDouble is the type of guy to pass on Traveler coats and not text models back. He truly plays by his own rules.
? for clarification I've worn and loved this one. Unlike the Traveler.

From experience, you'll wear this with a crewneck sweater more often than over a shirt. You're going to really enjoy wearing this jacket - not sure if you just acquired but if you did, congrats, that's a style that a lot of people ask us about quite often.
That is usually how I wear it. Had it for two years now, but sometimes the fabric pulls hard when moving around, and not being used to wearing blazers I don't really know what's normal.

I bought it on on G 2 years ago. Looks like there's a gray one in size 2 for cheap right now.

konix

Reaction score
Kaptain Sunshine x Ikiji

0401A379-952B-45D2-B18E-F371807264A6.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads