• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You really mean the walnut (orange) from a few years ago. Still holding out hope that color is offered again.
I randomly see a posting on some Japanese site when searching on Google for that jacket. I get excited and then find that it sold forever ago.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...if the item has measurements listed in VirtuSize.

:confused2:

We have 80-85% coverage for measurements, and the remainder is almost only scarves, ties and other SKUs that have a size listed as a bullet point.

For a big part of 2020, we just couldn't have enough hands in the office to measure new arrivals AND ship orders. But once we started coming back in person, our Virtusize coverage has been very high

1614030271440.png

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that many of you are in fact, sleeping on this Doppiaa jacket (Inglese shirt as well). View attachment 1560503 View attachment 1560504

Doppiaa jackets are awesome, and I'm jealous every time you post pics of yours (you have the tobacco linen and one of the other S/S ones, right?). I just wish they came in long sizes.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will post KS Traveler coat preorder info shortly (tomorrow or Wednesday) but here are the three colors for FW21 are mid-grey, beige and navy. Fabric is an extra fine double cloth melton (100% wool). Weight is slightly lighter than the FW20 version.

traveler_midgrey.jpg
traveler_beige.jpg
traveler_navy.jpg

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doppiaa jackets are awesome, and I'm jealous every time you post pics of yours (you have the tobacco linen and one of the other S/S ones, right?). I just wish they came in long sizes.
I get it, and if they offered longs I would get them but I’m 6’2” and they aren’t that short to me. Also it’s 2021 and wearing a jacket in any form automatically makes you an oddball in general society so being an inch off in length doesn’t bother me.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get it, and if they offered longs I would get them but I’m 6’2” and they aren’t that short to me. Also it’s 2021 and wearing a jacket in any form automatically makes you an oddball in general society so being an inch off in length doesn’t bother me.

Well I’m 6’2 also so now you’ve given me something to think about. Are they about 30” long?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I think I'm getting gray so I can wear it as formal as needed, but sizing is still a question. Anyone 5'9" who wears a 42 in the KS Traveler can comment on the length? I'm 155-160, 42R w/ a 10" drop (broad chest, not crazy jacked). The SdC trench in L felt like an appropriate length for me and I could wear it comfortably over a sportcoat. Should I go TTS?

@gdl203 Slightly lighter weight but still that stiff and rigid fabric everyone loves, right? I returned the SdC because I was worried it would be too light for my one winter coat (and last week's ice storm in Houston would have confirmed that theory).

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I think I'm getting gray so I can wear it as formal as needed, but sizing is still a question. Anyone 5'9" who wears a 42 in the KS Traveler can comment on the length? I'm 155-160, 42R w/ a 10" drop (broad chest, not crazy jacked). The SdC trench in L felt like an appropriate length for me and I could wear it comfortably over a sportcoat. Should I go TTS?

@gdl203 Slightly lighter weight but still that stiff and rigid fabric everyone loves, right? I returned the SdC because I was worried it would be too light for my one winter coat (and last week's ice storm in Houston would have confirmed that theory).
Yep. Slightly lighter, not dramatically lighter. We haven't handled samples but we have swatches and it's still a substantial cloth. Fit pics also show the usual KS Traveler shape/rigidity

003_14704.jpg

traveler_midgrey2.jpg traveler_beige2.jpg

professor

Reaction score
We will post KS Traveler coat preorder info shortly (tomorrow or Wednesday) but here are the three colors for FW21 are mid-grey, beige and navy. Fabric is an extra fine double cloth melton (100% wool). Weight is slightly lighter than the FW20 version.
Taking a magnifying glass to those photos. It looks like both the grey and the blue have some texture to them (whereas the beige looks flatter). Am I over-reading the photos or anything you can share about that texture? Thanks.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Texture, not really. But the grey uses mixed yarns so you definitely see that in person. The navy and beige are more uniform color yarns

professor

Reaction score
Texture, not really. But the grey uses mixed yarns so you definitely see that in person. The navy and beige are more uniform color yarns
Got it. Thanks. Not to be a PITA, but would it be possible to post photos of the swatches to get a closer-up view?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh do I need another Traveler in beige if I bought the Smokey green last year?

So, I feel uniquely qualified to address this.

You definitely do not need it. I question myself sometimes on the wisdom of two Travelers. But they are different enough, and I know if I ever lost one or stained it or had moth holes I would have an extra and there is no guaranty this jacket will be available in perpetuity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics