• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Valstar and Eidos Sals
0E383B73-6A3B-4D17-B530-5366B9684818.jpeg

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I concur with Mr. Six that they were true to size in the waist, and they do have a shorter inseam and cannot be lengthened (though I'm short and still needed to shorten mine).

FWIW, I love the cut and fabric of these work trousers and would buy them in just about any color if that were an option.
Yeah, it's a great design and I'd probably get more in other fabrics (maybe dependent on the inseam length). A workwear appropriate wool version would be great (tweed, covert).

slows2k

Reaction score
Doppiaa coat is nice! Definitely a bit oversized. I went with a size down and it still fits a bit oversized. View attachment 1540315

That herringbone...damn! the measurements for these look like they're fairly roomy for the respective sizes. Sounds like if I'm typically an in-betweener size wise I should probably size down? I've been eying the double breasted grey one for a while now as a possible super casual coat, and it has the same measurements as this one but I've been bouncing back and forth on the size.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could pull of TTS in the Doppiaa herringbone - seems not, esp if I won't be layering much under.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s more a question of shape and volume than fit. You can “fight” the voluminous cut by sizing down to a certain extent - but the TTS shape is great (if you like these volumes)

B2DF5E10-A20A-47EB-8A7B-AF37EBF5876B.jpeg B2208858-8E0A-474E-8747-730AA6CD9995.jpeg

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you could go TTS if you wanted the oversized look. I like mine to be a little more traditional. Sizing down it fits perfect in the shoulders and just slightly oversized throughout otherwise. I’ll post some pictures when I get a chance to put on proper clothes tomorrow.

I’m 5’10” 170 with 18.5 inch shoulders 34 inch sleeve and a 41 inch chest and went with a 48 (usually a 50).

slows2k

Reaction score
I think you could go TTS if you wanted the oversized look. I like mine to be a little more traditional. Sizing down it fits perfect in the shoulders and just slightly oversized throughout otherwise. I’ll post some pictures when I get a chance to put on proper clothes tomorrow.

I’m 5’10” 170 with 18.5 inch shoulders 34 inch sleeve and a 41 inch chest and went with a 48 (usually a 50).
that sounds perfect, thanks. Im a little shorter than you but same chest/shoulder size, so sounds like I might go the same way as you.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Newcomer did the Buttero flloyd boots soften up pretty well? Also are they fairly narrow or standard. My only experience with a Buttero boot was a dif style that was fairly narrow. Any insight by you and the NMWA team would be much appreciated!

ghh923

Reaction score

tatami-disco

Reaction score
Can someone comment on the fit of the Kaptain Sunshine belted work trousers? TTS? Mid-rise?

The ones from spring/summer were TTS and mid-rise. Check the length, too. The ones that I got were a bit short, which was fine by me for the vibe. But IIRC, there wasn't any additional fabric to lengthen them.

I concur with Mr. Six that they were true to size in the waist, and they do have a shorter inseam and cannot be lengthened (though I'm short and still needed to shorten mine).

FWIW, I love the cut and fabric of these work trousers and would buy them in just about any color if that were an option.

Let me add my voice to the chorus: they are fantastic. I have both the 20SS and 20FW versions (kopped elsewhere alas since NMWA can't do international shipping atm). The spring/summer version are probably my most worn trousers lately (including this very minute). Both are mid-rise. I don't have a tape to hand, but it seems that the winter version is a few centimetres longer. The drape of the wool fabric might help in that regard too. Short inseam though. I'm 166cm (un-)tall, and the summer version hits just at mid-ankle length (which works in the heat); the winter version hits at shoe length with a slight break. The cut is super comfortable, great fabric, and as usual for KS they are extremely well made. Hope this helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads