• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Purple Label Bespoke

HighSociety

Reaction score
Going to be headed to LA next month for an important business meeting with high profile executives. I dont know if this is an insult or not, but the CEO gave us some money to buy "something nice." I figured my work attire would be suitable for this event -- guess not. I am looking for some made-to-measure, given my large budget. I am considering Purple Label, which seems popular among corporate giants. A quick glance at their site rendered some satisfying news, but heading to the customers themselves would be better. If RLPL MTM would "over do" it, should i just get a Black Label suit? http://stores.ralphlauren.com/promo/...SURE_LEARNMORE

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is your budget exactly? Are you hard to fit? What is your body type? You might want to get a couple of suits, shirts, ties, and shoes instead of blowing everything on one MTM suit. Unless you find it hard to fit into OTR suits, MTM won't really provide much of an upgrade over a properly tailored RTW garment. If you are in good shape and like the style, get a couple of Black Label suits and pick up a nice pair of shoes to go with them.

raphael

Reaction score
Ask your boss if he'd just give you some cash instead.
smile.gif

HighSociety

Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
What is your budget exactly? Are you hard to fit? What is your body type? You might want to get a couple of suits, shirts, ties, and shoes instead of blowing everything on one MTM suit. Unless you find it hard to fit into OTR suits, MTM won't really provide much of an upgrade over a properly tailored RTW garment. If you are in good shape and like the style, get a couple of Black Label suits and pick up a nice pair of shoes to go with them.

He gave me $15,000.

He said to get things for the multiple meetings with clients ( lunches, dinner, etc). But then he said to buy something really nice for the big meeting with everyone where will be discussing big issues, and I will have to try to negotiate a multi-million dollar deal.

He said its from his "personal account" but I doubt it. He is a stuck up rich kid.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd book a flight to Naples and go to Rubinacci, but that's just me.

raphael

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HighSociety
He gave me $15,000.

He said to get things for the multiple meetings with clients ( lunches, dinner, etc). But then he said to buy something really nice for the big meeting with everyone where will be discussing big issues, and I will have to try to negotiate a multi-million dollar deal.

He said its from his "personal account" but I doubt it. He is a stuck up rich kid.

It's your duty as an employee to warn him a multi-million dollar deal is unlikely to go through in this economy - even if you're all wearing nice suits.

Just a suggestion.
nest.gif

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You probably aren't going to get any MTM back by next month (Purple Label takes about 8 weeks) and bespoke takes ages these days.

HighSociety

Reaction score
I'm probably next in line at that CEO spot, so this is my big chance here. Everything has to be right.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you pocket the money and just wear what you already have? Or just tell him that Ken Griffin wears really ill fitting suits (horrible collar gaps), so the 'big deal' is not going to hinge on a fancy suit.

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With that kind of budget, I would also go bespoke. Depending on who you go to, you should be able to get two suits, an odd jacket, and have enough left over for a few shirts, ties, and a pair of shoes or two.

Where are you located?

HighSociety

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz
You probably aren't going to get any MTM back by next month (Purple Label takes about 8 weeks) and bespoke takes ages these days.

****. I'll have to head to the RL Mansion next week and try on somethings then. But I guess a lot of money will be saved. *shrugs*

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm probably next in line at that CEO spot, so this is my big chance here. Everything has to be right.

Where are you located? Since it's a month away you can't go MTM, so everything has to be OTR. Ideally, go to Bergdorf Goodman in NYC, try on everything they have, decide what you like, and buy. They have excellent alterations people there as well. You can probably get two excellent suits, two great pair of shoes, and a handful of shirts with that money.

elgreco

Reaction score
I'm probably next in line at that CEO spot, so this is my big chance here.

Are you Jack Donaghy??

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads