• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Store Display Picture Thread (Photos Only)

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the things the Sartorialist used to do well is take pictures each season of the best displays at stores.

Given the number of SF forum posters is in the thousands, it should be relatively easy to get similar pictures of what's in store at the top shops in NY, London, Milan, Florence, Rome, Paris and around the world each season because many of you are visiting them anyway and own small cameras.

** the trick is NOT to use a flash in the store, so as to avoid upsetting the clerks, unless you're taking window shots from outside **

Some obvious places of interest are Kiton, Barney's, Brioni, Borrelli, Rubinacci, Cucinelli, Loro Piana, Domenico Vacca, Bergdorf Goodman, Ralph Lauren, Eredi Pisano, Boggi, Davide Cenci, Charvet, Oger, Louis Boston, Zegna, Mario's Seattle, Al's Bazaar, Paul Stuart, Berluti, etc, etc, etc

let's see what you can come up with!

examples (hopefully yours will be larger)
Sart_1.jpg

Sart_3.jpg

sart_5.jpg

Sart_2.jpg

ziggyosk

Reaction score
those are great pics! anyway to enlarge them?

woolymammoth

Reaction score
Lattanzi on Madison (8/21/08)...ignore the Vermeers I was at the Frick the same day...

sl-madison.jpg

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice! let's keep e'm coming

somebody in NY please do Bergdorf and Kiton!!!
bounce2.gif

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monday bump

come on New Yorkers, take a camera when you shop and share some photos!

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Borrelli photos make me smile.
Ty.

stamp0102

Reaction score
I usually get inspiration from magazine ads (aside from SF). I have a stack of cut-out pages sprawled out all over my room. But, after seeing those Borrelli photos I think I will add this past-time to my channels of inspiration. Next time I go shopping, camera will be in hand.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brioni in Beverly Hills (Rodeo Drive)*
brioni3.jpg
brioni2.jpg
brioni1.jpg
*not my pictures

ziggyosk

Reaction score
Do you guys need to be sneaky when taking your pictures? cause I was in Bergdorf Goodman a couple weeks ago and started taking a couple pictures and the sales people yelled at me.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zegna.jpg
Zegna Beverly Hills (not my picture)

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ziggyosk
Do you guys need to be sneaky when taking your pictures? cause I was in Bergdorf Goodman a couple weeks ago and started taking a couple pictures and the sales people yelled at me.
I got yelled at at Hermes in NYC... something about "proprietary store design" or something - like I was a spy for the competition!

ziggyosk

Reaction score
thats what they said to me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads