• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Gayest Article of Clothing?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Not to be confused with TCWCG.

This thread is about actual gayness, not the perceptions of others. It was a inspired by a recent PM (you know who you are) in which I was sent a photo of the gayest garment known to man.

My five or so pairs of bandaid-colored shoes are all pretty gay, as are my dozen or so salmon/pink/peach/lilac/lavender shirts. But for sheer gay goodness, my gayest garment has to be these:

p1030798rd1.jpg

I invite and welcome submissions of their own, and critiques of others' submissions, from SF's resident homos. SoCal, mack, GoSurface, step up.

Mods: If this must be moved to Dumb Threads, I will briefly grieve, but quickly move on. If it violates the ban on bloviating about teh ****, well, officer, I didn't know, I apologize, and is there any way I can just pay the fine right here and go about my business?

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a tight pink hoody from yoko devereaux that says "candy darling is dead" or something to that effect. If you can beat that, let me know.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
I have a tight pink hoody from yoko devereaux that says "candy darling is dead" or something to that effect. If you can beat that, let me know.

Post it!

(And, no, I can't beat it. Do you wear it?)

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^I'll see your Hoody, Haganah, and raise you one Jean-Paul Gaultier supertight cashmere sailor-stripe sweater with bronze buttons going down the side!!! Bought it years on a trip to Paris as a college student, thinking I'd be very fashionable and cool. Getting it back the US and realizing 1) it was hideous and 2) it cost more than my plane ticket, it then sat in my closet until I gave it to my most unreservedly gay-dressing gay friend and he's been in heaven ever since.
wink.gif
I also used to own some Dolce&Gabbana dark chocolate colored leather pants. Those didn't get given to my friend, but they also certainly never got worn, except on one occasion when it was very cold outside. Btw... I refuse to post a pic. I'll try to find one from the runway show it came from, but that's all you're getting, Manton... (haha)

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seersucker pants? That's one of the least **** articles of clothing I can think of...

Cornellian

Reaction score
I'm gay, but I really don't think I own anything that gay. On the other hand, I have a of couple black dress shirts (those Ben Sherman kind), which worn untucked, are quite hetero/metro. I have some seersucker shorts that my (gay) friends tell me are gay. I also have a tie or two with ducks/bears/flowers or something cutsie (read: gay) on them.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those pants are not that gay. They're in-denial-conne-level-gay.

Anyway, aside from my purses, I did buy a gigantic Gucci shawl recently. But I call it a tallit to give it respectable Jewish undertones.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^I agree. As well, I think one requirement of an uber-gay garment is not only that it looks gay, but cost a ludicrous amount of money for no discernible reason (for example, Kiton, Attolini, or Brioni don't count... but Dsquared definitely does). Such as a Gucci shawl, or D&G leather pants, or the abovementioned hoody, or anything Gaultier or Andrew MacKenzie. If those seersucker pants had a VERY tight cut (ala Dior homme), were semi-sheer, and cost $1600, then that would be very gay.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i recently bought loafer socks. do those count
wink.gif
?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to have a Peter Berlin ("That Boy") T-shirt. Sleeveless. It was given to me by a trick. Do I get extra points for that?

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a peach, fairly tight BR t-shirt that my sister gave to me. The sleeves are also on the shorter side. I haven't worn in a while because I've gained some weight so the tightness would be unattractive but I've been told several times by female friends that I'm "wearing a gay shirt".

Moss

Reaction score
Salmon dress shirt with white large windowpane (T&A).

Tods driving loafers worn sockless

I wear more the **** in summer.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by threadbare
I wear more the **** in summer.
As do we all. Summer is the happy season. It's hard to be gay in flannel and tweed. Not impossible, but hard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads