• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shopping in philly?

neeonbrowwn

Reaction score
Making a short trip to Philadelphia...
any SFr's recs on high end store in the area are welcome..

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Which part of Philly? If downtown is your destination, the default answer is probably Boyd's (19th and Chestnut) although I've never been a really big fan of the place. Ventresca's is also another recommendation, although they are out in the 'burbs.

For shoes, there used to be a place in Center City that carried Lobb, etc. but I think they are closed now (Wayne Edwards). Boyd's has some decent stuff. If you are into Alden and AE, there is a smaller store called Sherman Brothers which carries both; they are on Sansom Street somewhere.

For denim I'd say go to Matthew Izzo near 11th and Walnut.

HTH!
smile.gif

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heavyd
no sales tax.

small polo store.

Correction: Small Polo store with the worst Polo service I've ever encountered.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Franklin Mills outside Philly sometimes has excellent stuff at the Last Call Neiman Marcus and Saks Off 5th stores.

windrunner

Reaction score
Wayne Edwards is open...carry Lobb, Bontoni, Gravati, Isaia, others

neeonbrowwn

Reaction score
awesome.

im looking for high end shoes, so great suggestions so far..

samblau

Reaction score
I think the best shopping in the area is at the King of Prussia mall in the burbs roughly 45 min out...Neimans, Saks + many others.
-Sam

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by windrunner
Wayne Edwards is open...carry Lobb, Bontoni, Gravati, Isaia, others

Yeah, I stand corrected. I walked by Wayne Edwards last night ... doh!

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblau
I think the best shopping in the area is at the King of Prussia mall in the burbs roughly 45 min out...Neimans, Saks + many others.
-Sam

No saks at KOP but still worth the trip. Check out Uomo Nella is you like martegani shoes just dont pay the retail price.

DL

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wayne Edwards is in the midst of a sale. It's a small but very well-edited store--everything from deconstructed clothes to Oxxford Suits. Wayne has some absolutely gorgeous cashmere sweaters at the moment. Nella e Uomo is on the same block, other side of the street. He usually has interesting sweaters and outerwear, not to mention the Martegani shoes.

Boyd's often gets a bad rap here, but the inventory is vast and worth a look. The sale shoes on the 4th floor are often great.

The Saks is in Bala Cynwyd. The men's collection is not very interesting.

The NMLC at Franklin Mills can be a goldmine or a total zero; you take your chances. The same is true about the Off Fifth Outlet there. NM at the King of Prussia is good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics