• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

who makes Gucci's shoes?

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently saw a really cool pair of cognac colored split toe monks. Does anyone know who makes them?

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Sergio Rossi does. They are one of the higher quality shoe makers out there.

Thanks.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
that split toe monkstrap is from their new 06 fall lineup.
they have turned to some classic english styles this fall.

they also have a very C&J looking brown captoe (substantial and qualitative) and an attractive two-toned wingtip with rubber sole (not as substantial when i held it in person).

What do you think of that monkstrap?

lutfa

Reaction score
La Ron Your A man after my on heart The monkstrap that your talking about I purchased A pair two weeks ago.they remind me of EG Ashby with a 888 last. They have nice antiqueing to Them and beveled waist I think they were Around 595.Nice contruction Also.They match up easy with alot wears.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
What do you think of that monkstrap?

I think the monkstrap is very well made. I was quite surprised that Gucci was able to put out shoes this fall that are very distinguishably English and substantial.

the monkstrap is quite pretty, and i reiterate what lufta saying they resemble some EG with some antiquing.
i havent seen enough EGs to tell, but i know they can fall right in line with c&j.

it may not be surprising that gucci representatives were reading the fora and got the English ideas for this fall.

the new tan captoe that gucci has is marvelous as well.

i havent fully inspected it yet to see if they were goodyear or their typical blake. i havent seen a gucci done with goodyear before. nevertheless, all my guccis that are blake have held up rather perfectly. and i can abuse my guccis. i dont see any detriment to having blake if well done. like ron rider says about martegani.

with some of these pairs gucci has including the monk and the captoe, they mean business in the quality shoe arena, not like some of the other luxury brands like boss, armani, and prada which are comparatively jokes.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Gucci is ehhh..

You can do much better; like Sutor Mantellassi.

pkincy

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of Gucci whole cuts with medallion in a dark oak like color.

Very similar to my C&J Weymouth's but on a more chiseled last and much lighter. Yes, the shoes are less substantial but the leather is excellent and the shoes, which are probably a 1/2 size too small (bought at Cabazon at the Gucci outlet at a great price) but they wear very comfortably. I bought them yesterday and wore them for the full day today and that I can't do with the stiffer more substantial english shoes.

And with the number of shoes that are accumulating in my rotation, I doubt I will ever wear them out.

I will edit with pix as soon as my battery recharges.

Perry

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
I picked up a pair of Gucci whole cuts with medallion in a dark oak like color.

Very similar to my C&J Weymouth's but on a more chiseled last and much lighter. Yes, the shoes are less substantial but the leather is excellent and the shoes, which are probably a 1/2 size too small (bought at Cabazon at the Gucci outlet at a great price) but they wear very comfortably. I bought them yesterday and wore them for the full day today and that I can't do with the stiffer more substantial english shoes.

And with the number of shoes that are accumulating in my rotation, I doubt I will ever wear them out.

I will edit with pix as soon as my battery recharges.

Perry

i know exactly the shoes you got. it is a cognac color and sold for at 288? i like that gucci factory store. they have a good selection of shoes if you get there before others. i have the same ones in black.

IMGP2178.jpg

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are beauts, and I don't even like black shoes. Excellent choice!

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lutfa
La Ron Your A man after my on heart The monkstrap that your talking about I purchased A pair two weeks ago.they remind me of EG Ashby with a 888 last. They have nice antiqueing to Them and beveled waist I think they were Around 595.Nice contruction Also.They match up easy with alot wears.

Thanks lufta; coming from a guy with your vast/beautiful collection, thats an endorsement that'll make the decision much easier.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris "Italia"
Gucci is ehhh..

You can do much better; like Sutor Mantellassi.

That was my initial concern, and why I sought the forum's wisdom. But, I think I'm gonna go for them. Thanks for your comments.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Thanks Laron for the complement.

If you dont mind a bit of advice, Gucci always has a sale after christmas. for about a month at their boutiques and then the overstock gets shipped to cabazon.

the discount is always 40% off. if other than their classic models, these will go on sale (the monkstraps).

but for me, i usually cannot wait that long, and another thing is sometimes you cant count on them having your size by that time, especially if you are 9-11 D.
also i like mine brand spanking new. usually by the time they get to cabazon, there is relatively a bit of shop wear.
just depends upon everybody. i dont mind paying the extra premium to have my shoes early (important when it comes to luxury fashion , you want current) and i get pristine and my size guaranteed.

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
i know exactly the shoes you got. it is a cognac color and sold for at 288? i like that gucci factory store. they have a good selection of shoes if you get there before others. i have the same ones in black.

IMGP2178.jpg

Do you know of anyway to get that Gucci medallion off the bottom of the laces without hurting the leather? I suppoe I could look, it should be ez. I am not much for advertising a maker without them compensating me for it.

Luckily it is quite small and mostly not noticeable.

Yes I quite like the shoes. Mine are in what C&J call dark oak. The cognac was only available in 9.5 D.

Perry

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads