• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joseph Cheaney Imperial Collection

Leather man

Reaction score
Thank you Lexmann for posting the links. Part of me is offended that Cheaney have released this collection in Japan whilst keeping their home based customers in the dark and part of me is not surprised. Japan is one of the biggest markets for English shoemakers.

The fact that the whole collection is sold out on that website says the range is already proving a great success, which can only be good.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
They look great. I keep checking their website for an update so it's good to finally see what they're going to come out with.

Leather man

Reaction score
And we keep looking and we keep looking but still no website! Sheila Bone from Cheaney , who is excellent, told me June, then "Summer" then October - well its nearly the end of October now!

I guess it will appear soon but really this is some delay!

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grenson's new website should have been up by now. It too has been postponed.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I went to a wholesale footwear show in NYC recently and the really hot English chick Grenson sent to represent the shoes was a ***** and totally useless. Knew nothing about shoes. Good marketing technique though.

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I went to a wholesale footwear show in NYC recently and the really hot English chick Grenson sent to represent the shoes was a ***** and totally useless. Knew nothing about shoes. Good marketing technique though.

Distracts attention from the shoes!

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leather man
And we keep looking and we keep looking but still no website! Sheila Bone from Cheaney , who is excellent, told me June, then "Summer" then October - well its nearly the end of October now!

I guess it will appear soon but really this is some delay!

Mid November

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
Had a look at the catalogue. The Imperial collection goes for about £295 (which is less than C&J and Tricker's). Oak bark soles, fiddleback waists, using the 'finest' leathers. If they are indeed using the 'finest' leathers, then you've got a very affordable handgrade! I won't be buying though - the colours Bronzed Espresso and Burnished Grey are very odd choices indeed.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice shoes....Thanks for the heads-up....

Shoehealer now carries Cheaney as well though it is not on their website.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like everyone's caught the G&G bug.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest a slightly curved waist like you see on Vass shoes seems much subtler than those fiddleback jobs.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Seems like everyone's caught the G&G bug.

Agreed but at least there isnt chiselled toes as well as the fiddled waist. I do think though for the price they seem a very well appointed shoe as long as the leather is up to scratch. I may have to give them a go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads