• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seersucker contest finalists

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
See: Contest announcement and entries Our illustrious judge, AlanC, writes: "Thanks to all who entered. I was torn on some of the entries, but wanted to limit myself to only four finalists. I also wanted to go for different approaches to using seersucker. You can decide which look is done most successfully." voxsartoria AlanC: Vox hits all the right buttons from patch pockets to ring to grosgrain watchband and location. swaggerisaliability
vrc65h.png
208d8qr.png
o75zer.png
AlanC: A different direction, nice use of bow tie and belt. niidawg3
90687084.jpg
9a12b9bc.jpg
AlanC: I love a spread collar with seersucker. Whateveryoulike
000_0042.jpg
000_0026.jpg
Pic3.jpg
AlanC: Great shoes, great tie. ----------------------------------- The first place prize is $75 credit from Kent Wang and one bow tie from The Cordial Churchman. Second place prize is $25 credit from Kent Wang and also one bow tie from The Cordial Churchman. The criterion is simply best use of seersucker. This can mean head-to-toe seersucker or just a single piece. Poll closes on 26 June. See: All entries Kent Wang's seersucker pocket squares are the ideal pocket square for the summer, and all year round. The same can be said of The Cordial Churchman's seersucker bow ties:

nioh

Reaction score
Obviously, Prince Don Fabrizio Salina gets my vote.

enarchay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Neos shoe pic didnt make it?? Even though that was only knees down, that picture summed up the seersucker aesthetic 100% IMO.
frown.gif

I was planning to vote for him as well. Not sure if I'd be voting for the quality of the pictures/aesthetic of the shoes/aesthetic of the woman next to him much as I would be voting for an interesting use of seersucker, though
lol8[1].gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Neos shoe pic didnt make it?? Even though that was only knees down, that picture summed up the seersucker aesthetic 100% IMO.
frown.gif

I agree 100%. From the finalists we have, I voted vox (though those trousers look dangerously tight), but Neo's shoe pic was brilliant and would have got my vote.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was gonna vote for Vox's look, but the douchebaggy Harvard ring close-up killed it.

nioh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Was gonna vote for Vox's look, but the douchebaggy Harvard ring close-up killed it.

The devil-may-care attitude is one of the reasons I voted for him.

seanpatrickb

Reaction score
Hard to vote against Vox's fit and scenery, but I am a big fan of whateveryoulike's shoe and tie selection. Vox gets enough praise around here anyways (for good reason), he can afford to lose one.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles

I voted for Vox because he is very elegant...

I'm not very keen on any kind of rings or bracelets on men..

Macallan

Reaction score
I would have voted Vox; however, too much blue for my liking. I wonder if he is starring in the Smurf movie.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whateveryoulike is always very elegant...

I love the shoes...

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might have voted for swagger if he were wearing pants not shorts but ties blazer or suit jackets and long sleeve dress shirts should be reserved for pants not shorts.

bigasahouse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
I voted for Vox because he is very elegant...

I'm not very keen on any kind of rings or bracelets on men..

Big surprise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads